Steelers @ Pats - Afc Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
that could have been the game this sunday...

if i think that we should have played at The Razor this game i become crazy...

petty...

sorry if perhaps i re-opened an ugly wound.

i am still depressed about the loss @ DEN but i am still not abel to forget:

1 - the penalty on Samuel (...)
2 - the wonderfull, amazing play by Benjamin Watson on Bailey INT

Last edited:
italianpatthepatriot said:

petty...

I feel your pain. When we the game first ended, I was surprised how well I was handling it. But as the week has gone on, it's gotten harder and harder.

It would be one thing if we lost to a better team but that's not the case at all. People want to say we lost b/c of the turnovers but that's not accurate either. We lost that game b/c the officials made errors that gave Denver 24 points.

I didn't even realize it when it happened but Troy's muff was definitely fair catch interference. I've got it on TIVO and it's clear as day. We got jobbed in the worst way. It makes you just want to HATE the NFL.

yes.

Sunday it will be tought and it will become harder the day of the Super Bowl i guess...

but the play by Ben Watson impressed me really a lot.

i would like to shake hands with him because that play showed who are the Pats.

it was a good season not the best but it is hard the way it finished.

that call on Samuel was atrocious. i was crazy in front of tv in the night.

i went to bed at h 06,00 and i have not been able to close the eyes...

yes.

Sunday it will be tought and it will become harder the day of the Super Bowl i guess...
but the play by Ben Watson impressed me really a lot.
i would like to shake hands with him because that play showed who are the Pats.
it was a good season not the best but it is hard the way it finished.
that call on Samuel was atrocious. i was crazy in front of tv in the night.
rarely in 45 years have patriot fans closed out a season and looked forward to the next. i just love thinking our squad is contenders for the world title again.
as of today, ben watson has made two plays that BB/SP thought he would whe they drafted him. ben coates was fast, but not fast enough to outrun 2 DBs to the goal line. ben coates took 3 years to develop. ben watson is there right now. i love these guys and just hope we get to see him for a long time.lost his strength over the course of 5 years

petty...

we feel your pain...you'll have a lot of company on sunday...

PatsFanSince74 said:
we feel your pain...you'll have a lot of company on sunday...

I am going skiing sunday..I am not watching the games....^%$#@(*& !!!!!!!!

We Lost , what are you talking about, I dont believe it... I agree as the week goes on it hard, been trying to stay away from all the news shows , till sun when the games happen. Just got to pull for seattle, its very depressing

Sean Pa Patriot said:
We Lost , what are you talking about, I dont believe it... I agree as the week goes on it hard, been trying to stay away from all the news shows , till sun when the games happen. Just got to pull for seattle, its very depressing

Sounds like maybe a lot of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) going on. I walked, in the sun, rather than drove to run a couple errands today. Doesn't anyone remember the 1-15, 2-14, 5-11, 6-10 type seasons? Now those were some serious doubt-if-the-Patriots-would-ever-turn-it-around years.

Best not to think about it.

Just I would have loved to lose , say like the colts spanked up on monday nite, they were the better team, we gave the game away that is whay it hurts, and we could smack Pitt around like we usually do in the playoffs.. But its not happening, will be better by the pro bowl..

PYPER said:
I feel your pain. When the the game first ended, I was surprised how well I was handling it. But as the week has gone on, it's gotten harder and harder.

Curious ... my trajectory has been just the opposite.

Like most of you, i'm sure, when that flash of yellow appeared from off-screen ... i screamed. KNEW that it was a major turning point ... the future flashed before my eyes.

That was, what?, 3 or 4 minutes before the half. I spent that time roaring and raging ... just embarrassing myself. Finally, calmly, the son asked, "Papa, i'm sorry that you're not enjoying the game any more. But do you mind if i enjoy the rest of it?"

Brought to my senses, chagrined, and suitably chastened, i apologized ... and ejected myself. Didn't catch the second half. Disqualified. Even watched some figure skating with my bride. Fully expected the Pats to come back and prevail, incidentally. Didn't realize that this was just the first of a disgraceful series of miscalls.

Was in tight lock-down mode all day Sunday. Felt dispassionately scholarly, watching the officials carry out stage two of somebody's plan to advance the Colts. By Monday morning ... recuperation was well-advanced.

The upbeat messages on this board regarding next season's prospects have helped a lot. Thanks, patsfans and fannies!

petty...

You need to get over it. Losing is hard but it happens to every team but the absolute best team every year. The Pats played well but they certainly weren't the best team this year. All teams need to feel the hunger of being a champ. Now you have that hunger back since you're no longer top dog. As far as what you can't forget, the Watson play was amazing to say the least (though I'm not saying the call was wrong). As for the penalty on Samuel, I think there was probably pass interference as he cut the receiver off BUT that the ball wasn't catchable so nothing should have been called. Either way, there were way to many turnovers to point to that one call as a reason for failure.

another bad point is that now we have to wait august...

more then 6 long (very long) months before new season start.

i love NFL but it is too short (correctly).

no doubt : the best sport in the world.

you are lucky in Usa to have it.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Sounds like maybe a lot of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) going on. I walked, in the sun, rather than drove to run a couple errands today. Doesn't anyone remember the 1-15, 2-14, 5-11, 6-10 type seasons? Now those were some serious doubt-if-the-Patriots-would-ever-turn-it-around years.

I remember those seasons as well, but this is still painful.

I thought once the Pats actually won a Super Bowl it would last forever, even if they never won another. They've won two since, but it has only made me hungry for more. I never could understand Yankee fans who were never satisfied with anything less than a WS win, but now I get it. Winning is like a drug and I am suffering withdrawal.

In all those pathetic seasons, I've never felt as disappointed as I do now. The only other time I've felt close was when we had the Oakland game stolen from us in the seventies.

The worst part is my husband is not a Pats fan and was sick of them and wanted to see another team get in. I haven't talked to him much all week. What a jerk-he's a Vikings fan, what the heck does he care if the Pats win other than it would make me and his two kids (diehard Pats fans) happy.

Thanks for listening.

pepper03 said:
The worst part is my husband is not a Pats fan and was sick of them and wanted to see another team get in. I haven't talked to him much all week. What a jerk-he's a Vikings fan, what the heck does he care if the Pats win other than it would make me and his two kids (diehard Pats fans) happy.

Thanks for listening.

Divorce is always an option...lol

Yikes. I think what is funny is that you people were so unprepared for the big L. I tried to get you ready for it, oh well. Welcome to reality, Shanny owns Bellichick, and the Pats are human, they make mistakes.

A matter of perspective

Like everyone, I thought I put this behind. But last night, another chat started and everyone was moaning for missed opportunities again... We had some "heated" debate that followed the same paths that have been seen over and over on many Pats' boards. My take (not that original, but just want to say that there is minority thinking like mine):

1- Before the Steelers' victory, some of my colleagues weren't that optimistic of 3-peat. The prevailing feeling was that we wouldn't get by the Colts this year any way.

2- Before the game, many (myself included) felt that Denver (in Denver) would be a formidable opponent, and the game would be a toss-up.

3- The feeling of missed opportunity happened only after seeing how "well" we played and how close all of a sudden that our chance of a 3-peat history had become (and we screwed up).

But here was my take: I am an old-fashion fan who love defensive football (I would enjoy a 3-0 victory). I have to give credit to Denver defense, and also felt great about Pats' defense that had been of suspect. I accept the loss a little better than my colleagues because of that. And felt really optimistic about next season if our D continues to improve (my wish: we luck out and draft the next Ray Lewis or Sean Urlacher).

Call me old fashion, but my favourite Pats edition is the 2001. Brady was not a gun slinger then, but an efficient dink-and-dunk guy. The Pats just waited for the other team to blink and make mistake first. So as much as my colleagues bemoaning Brady's mistake, I viewed that play the same way as Vrabel being in Warner's face and Ty Law's pick: their gun-slinging mentality played right into the hand of our opportunistic defense (It took two to tango). So I argued (unpopularly) that Brady's mistake was a part of our "over-confidence" (Like throwing the ball while on his ass last season), coupled with Denver's good defense. It was pointless to argue who had more credit in that play, our ineptitude or Denver's defense. Like Pasteur said, fortune favors the prepared mind. Denver didn't beat us black and blue, but their D were smart enough, disciplined enough to choke us.

The next season will be awsome. And I am looking for payback when they come.

Cheers.

GameDay said:

Cheers back, now there is a pats fan I would happily share a pitcher with after the game. Great take, realistic, full of good old school football knowledge, and optimistic about the future.
That's what is all about. Where is the optimism, you clowns won 3 outta 4 SBs, and your crying about losing a game in which you turned the ball over 5 times!?!? :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing