Welcome to PatsFans.com

Steelers Out of The Playoffs Already?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Brady'sButtBoy, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brady'sButtBoy

Brady'sButtBoy 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +33 / 4 / -1

#12 Jersey

With three losses the fact is Pittsburgh will have to 10-2, at minimum, to make the playoffs since both Cincy and Baltimore are in their division. When you consider they have games left against (among others) KC, Atlanta, Denver, New Orleans, Baltimore twice, Carolina and Cincy - it's hard to see them only losing two more games, even if they start playing better and there are few signs of that.

Early look at playoff teams - NE, Indy, Balt., Denver, SD, Jax and Cincy. That's one too many but the odds are already quite high that the six playoff teams will come from this group of 7.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  2. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Agreed on both points- I think the division winners will be NE, Indy, Balt and SD with Jax and Denver as wild-cards. Cincy has the toughest schedule coming into the season and it won't get any easier.

3. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

and what i think of each..sure

indy - run all over them..weak D..we can score easily. worried about offense a usual..gotta stop reggie and marvin and melonhead

baltimore - im 100% worried that we wont be able to do anything offensivly..they are a top D..Denver shut us down..they have 2 pro bowl caliber CBs..a pro bowl safety..and 3 pro bowl caliber LBs aswell as DEs. They are fast and aggresive..its gonna be defensive

denver - by that time..our blocking will be better..and tackling wont be as bad.

SD - LT is a beast..can we stop Gates..i think we might be able to. their D is fast and run a 3-4 like us..their secondary is weaker than front 7 but they get a lot of pressure

jax - my real concern is the size of WRs against our smallish CBs..wont be as easy as last time

cincy - we know already

order i would want to verse them

1. Cincy
    2. Indy
    3. Denver
    4. Jax
    5. Chargers
    6. Baltimore

^easiest to hardest imo

4. Jacky Roberts

Jacky Roberts 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I want NOTHING to do with Denver. They have our number. No thanks.

5. Digger44

Digger44 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't know, the Ravens just do not scare me. Did you see the game vs the Browns? While the defense is a beast, the offense is still a major issue. Jamal is done. The key to beating the Raven will be not turning the ball over. By the time we get to this team will McNair even be the starter? He has so many injury issues.

6. rabthepat

rabthepat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Agreed.............

7. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I understand that some would rather not face the Broncos, but the Pats didn't become a dynasty by dodging the toughest competition. The possibility that Denver comes back to Foxboro in January is very real IMO. What, do we just concede defeat because they have beaten us 16 out of 19? Someday, some way, somehow, we will have to beat this team and the suffering is only going to get worse until that happens.

The Pats seemed to have vanquished all of their nemeses during our 3 SB runs but there was one dormant...the Denver Broncos. If we want to return to the promised land I believe we will have to slay our biggest dragon.

We've seen a lot of teams over the years that were 'impossible' to beat - Rams, Colts, Steelers - we did it then but it looks like we have one more on the list. I am confident that we have what it takes in January to beat these guys, just keep the faith.

8. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

I wouldn't write the Steelers off too quickly in their division.

I am not sold on Baltimore, yet. Let's see how they look against the Donks tonight. Baltimore still has to face some tough teams; Indy, Carolina, Atlanta, KC, NO, Steelers twice, and Bengals twice.

9. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If we can take one thing for granted, as long as Brady/Belichick are around, we're better in January than October and we're not in bad shape right now.

10. ironwasp

ironwasp Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It's certainly too soon to write off the Steelers, but if they're going to make it they need three wins out of the next three minimum against KC, Atlanta and Oakland (which is basically a "return to go, collect $200" game). Otherwise the combination of a tough schedule and a brutal division will do for them. Personally, I think they are over-rated and were lucky last year.

Like others, I don't fear Indianapolis, and definitely not Cinci. Baltimore and San Diego look the class at this point, but I fancy our chances against any of them.

11. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 12 / -5

Well, if Rottenberger doesn't get his play out of the gutter (0 TDs, 7 INTs in three games), and soon, they'll be playing for pride in December. . . .

12. BayAreaPatsFan

BayAreaPatsFan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here, here. To be the best you have to beat the best. None of this wuss attitude about not wanting to play this team, etc etc. You don't want no asterices when you become a champion. I could just see it now, we win the SB and the Denver fans start jacking us up about how they own us !!

No sir, we want them as soon as possible again...

13. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Denver fans are already convinced that we won those SB's by not having to play the Broncos. Too bad for them that they couldn't make the divisional round those years but I'd rather take care of them this year and remove any doubt.

14. shakadave

shakadave In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I agree with your seven. (KC is not yet fully understood, though!) My ordered list is different, though:

1. Cincy (easiest)
    2. Jax
    3. Balt (We could hold them to single-digit points)
    4. Indy (We score, but so do they.)
    5. SD (they make our D look so slow)
    6. Denver (hardest, once their offense gets in gear)

15. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

ROFL. Well, if they could have scored any points at all against Indianapolis, they could have proved it. Morons.

16. SamBam39

SamBam39 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I fully understand kc.
    they were lucky to pull one out against the cardinals yesterday.
    they should be 1-3.
    herm edwards is their coach - nuff said. they won't make the playoffs.

17. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

While looking at the Jets and Bills scores, I asked myself, if every team is allowed to spend the same amount of money, if everyteam is given the same amount of draft picks, how can a team of porfessionals lose 41-0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.