PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers Out of The Playoffs Already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
With three losses the fact is Pittsburgh will have to 10-2, at minimum, to make the playoffs since both Cincy and Baltimore are in their division. When you consider they have games left against (among others) KC, Atlanta, Denver, New Orleans, Baltimore twice, Carolina and Cincy - it's hard to see them only losing two more games, even if they start playing better and there are few signs of that.

Early look at playoff teams - NE, Indy, Balt., Denver, SD, Jax and Cincy. That's one too many but the odds are already quite high that the six playoff teams will come from this group of 7.

Last edited:
Agreed on both points- I think the division winners will be NE, Indy, Balt and SD with Jax and Denver as wild-cards. Cincy has the toughest schedule coming into the season and it won't get any easier.

and what i think of each..sure

indy - run all over them..weak D..we can score easily. worried about offense a usual..gotta stop reggie and marvin and melonhead

baltimore - im 100% worried that we wont be able to do anything offensivly..they are a top D..Denver shut us down..they have 2 pro bowl caliber CBs..a pro bowl safety..and 3 pro bowl caliber LBs aswell as DEs. They are fast and aggresive..its gonna be defensive

denver - by that time..our blocking will be better..and tackling wont be as bad.

SD - LT is a beast..can we stop Gates..i think we might be able to. their D is fast and run a 3-4 like us..their secondary is weaker than front 7 but they get a lot of pressure

jax - my real concern is the size of WRs against our smallish CBs..wont be as easy as last time

cincy - we know already

order i would want to verse them

1. Cincy
2. Indy
3. Denver
4. Jax
5. Chargers
6. Baltimore

^easiest to hardest imo

richpats said:
Agreed on both points- I think the division winners will be NE, Indy, Balt and SD with Jax and Denver as wild-cards. Cincy has the toughest schedule coming into the season and it won't get any easier.

I want NOTHING to do with Denver. They have our number. No thanks.

Remix 6 said:
and what i think of each..sure

indy - run all over them..weak D..we can score easily. worried about offense a usual..gotta stop reggie and marvin and melonhead

baltimore - im 100% worried that we wont be able to do anything offensivly..they are a top D..Denver shut us down..they have 2 pro bowl caliber CBs..a pro bowl safety..and 3 pro bowl caliber LBs aswell as DEs. They are fast and aggresive..its gonna be defensive

denver - by that time..our blocking will be better..and tackling wont be as bad.

SD - LT is a beast..can we stop Gates..i think we might be able to. their D is fast and run a 3-4 like us..their secondary is weaker than front 7 but they get a lot of pressure

jax - my real concern is the size of WRs against our smallish CBs..wont be as easy as last time

cincy - we know already

1. Cincy
2. Indy
3. Denver
4. Jax
5. Chargers
6. Baltimore

^easiest to hardest imo

I don't know, the Ravens just do not scare me. Did you see the game vs the Browns? While the defense is a beast, the offense is still a major issue. Jamal is done. The key to beating the Raven will be not turning the ball over. By the time we get to this team will McNair even be the starter? He has so many injury issues.

Jacky Roberts said:
I want NOTHING to do with Denver. They have our number. No thanks.

Agreed.............

I understand that some would rather not face the Broncos, but the Pats didn't become a dynasty by dodging the toughest competition. The possibility that Denver comes back to Foxboro in January is very real IMO. What, do we just concede defeat because they have beaten us 16 out of 19? Someday, some way, somehow, we will have to beat this team and the suffering is only going to get worse until that happens.

The Pats seemed to have vanquished all of their nemeses during our 3 SB runs but there was one dormant...the Denver Broncos. If we want to return to the promised land I believe we will have to slay our biggest dragon.

We've seen a lot of teams over the years that were 'impossible' to beat - Rams, Colts, Steelers - we did it then but it looks like we have one more on the list. I am confident that we have what it takes in January to beat these guys, just keep the faith.

I wouldn't write the Steelers off too quickly in their division.

I am not sold on Baltimore, yet. Let's see how they look against the Donks tonight. Baltimore still has to face some tough teams; Indy, Carolina, Atlanta, KC, NO, Steelers twice, and Bengals twice.

NEM said:
Please, its far too early to rule anyone out.

If I am not mistaken , one season, under Pete Carroll, I believe, we started 4-0 and then lost the next three. I think.

Cant remember the final finish.

If we can take one thing for granted, as long as Brady/Belichick are around, we're better in January than October and we're not in bad shape right now.

It's certainly too soon to write off the Steelers, but if they're going to make it they need three wins out of the next three minimum against KC, Atlanta and Oakland (which is basically a "return to go, collect $200" game). Otherwise the combination of a tough schedule and a brutal division will do for them. Personally, I think they are over-rated and were lucky last year.

Like others, I don't fear Indianapolis, and definitely not Cinci. Baltimore and San Diego look the class at this point, but I fancy our chances against any of them.

Well, if Rottenberger doesn't get his play out of the gutter (0 TDs, 7 INTs in three games), and soon, they'll be playing for pride in December. . . .

richpats said:
I understand that some would rather not face the Broncos, but the Pats didn't become a dynasty by dodging the toughest competition. The possibility that Denver comes back to Foxboro in January is very real IMO. What, do we just concede defeat because they have beaten us 16 out of 19? Someday, some way, somehow, we will have to beat this team and the suffering is only going to get worse until that happens.

The Pats seemed to have vanquished all of their nemeses during our 3 SB runs but there was one dormant...the Denver Broncos. If we want to return to the promised land I believe we will have to slay our biggest dragon.

We've seen a lot of teams over the years that were 'impossible' to beat - Rams, Colts, Steelers - we did it then but it looks like we have one more on the list. I am confident that we have what it takes in January to beat these guys, just keep the faith.

Here, here. To be the best you have to beat the best. None of this wuss attitude about not wanting to play this team, etc etc. You don't want no asterices when you become a champion. I could just see it now, we win the SB and the Denver fans start jacking us up about how they own us !!

No sir, we want them as soon as possible again...

BayAreaPatsFan said:
Here, here. To be the best you have to beat the best. None of this wuss attitude about not wanting to play this team, etc etc. You don't want no asterices when you become a champion. I could just see it now, we win the SB and the Denver fans start jacking us up about how they own us !!

No sir, we want them as soon as possible again...

Denver fans are already convinced that we won those SB's by not having to play the Broncos. Too bad for them that they couldn't make the divisional round those years but I'd rather take care of them this year and remove any doubt.

Remix 6 said:

1. Cincy
2. Indy
3. Denver
4. Jax
5. Chargers
6. Baltimore

^easiest to hardest imo

I agree with your seven. (KC is not yet fully understood, though!) My ordered list is different, though:

1. Cincy (easiest)
2. Jax
3. Balt (We could hold them to single-digit points)
4. Indy (We score, but so do they.)
5. SD (they make our D look so slow)
6. Denver (hardest, once their offense gets in gear)

richpats said:
Denver fans are already convinced that we won those SB's by not having to play the Broncos. Too bad for them that they couldn't make the divisional round those years but I'd rather take care of them this year and remove any doubt.

ROFL. Well, if they could have scored any points at all against Indianapolis, they could have proved it. Morons.

shakadave said:
I agree with your seven. (KC is not yet fully understood, though!) My ordered list is different, though:

1. Cincy (easiest)
2. Jax
3. Balt (We could hold them to single-digit points)
4. Indy (We score, but so do they.)
5. SD (they make our D look so slow)
6. Denver (hardest, once their offense gets in gear)

I fully understand kc.
they were lucky to pull one out against the cardinals yesterday.
they should be 1-3.
herm edwards is their coach - nuff said. they won't make the playoffs.

While looking at the Jets and Bills scores, I asked myself, if every team is allowed to spend the same amount of money, if everyteam is given the same amount of draft picks, how can a team of porfessionals lose 41-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes