2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Rooting for.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try very hard not to watch the game as I hate both teams. I made the mistake of watching Jets/Colts and felt dirty about my emotions conflicting the whole time:

"Yes... Jets are losing... sh*t, Colts are winning... YES, Colts are losing, sh*t Jets are winning..."

Steelers (particularly Roethlisberger) own the Ravens
Patriots (particularly Brady) own the Steelers

BAL < PIT
NYJ < NE

NE > PIT

I don't care who wins, as long as it goes into quadruple overtime.

Pats would beat either team. I'll wait till they dispose of the Jets before I give this some more thought. The Steelers have a good organization and I think Big Ben is a better QB than Flacco even though he's a terrible excuse of a human being.

On the one hand, I know we'd have an easier time with the Steelers. On the other hand, I seriously doubt I can root for the rapist. I have no idea. I'm going to have to wait until I'm actively watching the game to know which horrid option I'll pick. I'll probably be washing my hands for 20 minutes after the game wishing I could get the dirt off.

If the Pats beat the Jests on Sunday, I'd be happy beating either one. But if forced to choose, I'd say the Ravens for the opportunity to exact revenge.

The age old question. Team led by rapist versus team led by murderer.

I really wish we could beat both these teams again. Either one will be fine with me, I will never get sick of watching the Pats beat them both!

The Ravens are #2 on my least liked list this year (passing the Colts with all their injuries), but I would actually like to see the Pats punch their ticket rather than the Steelers should the Pats get by the Jets. I would like to get a little payback for last year's playoff loss.

I'm not rooting for either team, but I would prefer it if the Steelers won. They've been a much easier match-up for us lately than the Ravens have been.

I'm rooting for the Ravens. I think they're better than the Steelers, and I think the Pats are better than the Ravens.

I'll wait until the Jets game is over before I worry about the next opponent.

A great way to look at it. We might not be playing another opponent if can't take care of business this Sunday. That said, if we can beat the Jets I'd like to see the Ravens.

Steelers. I really don't want to face the Ravens.

If your not scared of the Ravens then you have to be nuts. The more I watch them play I get a bad feeling about the Patriots facing them IF they get past the Jets. I can see the Ravens winning the whole thing.

Surely you jest. The one big weakness with Cassell that he needs to work on is pocket presence and awareness. He took far too many sacks and strip sacks then he should have because he just has no feel for the pass rush. Cassell doesn't have the presence or the footwork to defeat the blitz like say a Tom Brady. And that's a big part of why KC lost so badly. They also shot themselves in the foot with more turnovers in that one game than the Pats have had over the last 8 games combined.

So did the Ravens beat the Chiefs soundly? Sure but they did that by beating on a young QB with little to no pocket presence/awareness, a weaker offensive line, and just a less experienced and talented team overall. The Chiefs were widely considered the weakest playoff team outside of Seattle. So no, when you really examine it, that win wasn't all that impressive or scary at all. The Ravens did what they were expected to do, win the game. They're going to have a much tougher time against the Steelers.

Last edited:
ravens defense is better but steeler's offense is better...so which one?

Roethlessburger is a pretty good qb...hellacious deep ball. Flacco wacko was very accurate in the kc game. Seems a lot of receivers over the middle weren't covered.

You can only hope they beat each other senseless.

Getting the Steelers in Foxborough is pretty much 60 minutes for Brady to pad his playoff stats. There's no way they're beating us.

Both teams are physical so we'll have to play to that no matter what. I want the Steelers just because I like old rivalries plus I'm tired of their hype. I'd love nothing better than to see us kick their * :rocker:

I'm tired of all of them, I don't care who we play as long as we win. Either game will be played in the trenches and either team will be drained:D

Who are you rooting for?

I have decided to root for the Steelers.

I was on the fence for a while...but the most recent lovefest of win one for the career felon, has tip the scale to root against the team that has safety that got away with murder and for the serial rapist.

Ravens Rally Around Reed, Brother Baltimore Ravens Blogs

Guys we are supposed to be like Bill and not look ahead, we have to focus on the Jets or the team will come out flat. :rolleyes:

Shocked at this poll, wow, I am rooting Ravens all the way how could you not want to see them again?

Last edited:
this is easy - steelers. the ravens always play us tough and it usually ends up being a close game. steeler-pats games are more lopsided.

First off...I hate the Steelers more than any other team in the NFL

second....The Steelers have won 2 titles in the past few years,the Ravens haven't won in over 10 years,I think the Ravens are a little hungrier for a championship and will demolish the Steelers who have lost several big games at home this season.

third....we haven't won any game this week yet so to hope for one of these teams expecting NE to automatically win this weekend is foolish,they gotta do it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back