PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers offsides picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
During the play in the second half when the phantom hold occured, it seemed clear to me anyway, that the Steeler defender was offsides. Ironically the one who was supposedly held.

I did not tape the game so I can't go back and look.

Can anyone confirm this. Also, if it was infact offsides, if you have the ability, could you post a picture.

It seemed clear to me at the time. When they said there was a flag I actually assumed it was offsides. But sometimes what apears to be offsides is just the defender reacting to the snap of the ball quicker then the offensive tackle.

It also looked like he did it on the very next play as well!

i agree, and when the announcer said there was a flag on the play, I was CERTAIN that it was for offsides, and shocked to find that it was a phantom hold of the 'offsides' player.

I also could have swore that he was offsides on the very next play too.

There is one play that I was thinking that one of the Stealers definitely jumped, this might have been the play you're talking about. I don't recall if it was the "holding" play or not, though. There were so many phantom calls it's hard to keep track.

sarge said:
During the play in the second half when the phantom hold occured, it seemed clear to me anyway, that the Steeler defender was offsides. Ironically the one who was supposedly held.

I did not tape the game so I can't go back and look.

Can anyone confirm this. Also, if it was infact offsides, if you have the ability, could you post a picture.

It seemed clear to me at the time. When they said there was a flag I actually assumed it was offsides. But sometimes what apears to be offsides is just the defender reacting to the snap of the ball quicker then the offensive tackle.

It also looked like he did it on the very next play as well!

Bingo!!! Both plays back to back, were clearly offsides IMO. Couldn't believe they didn't call that!

No one has a pic or gif of this?

Especially one that shows the ball being snapped and where the Steeler defender is?

It was Haggans the LB

He was jumping the count and I don't know if he was offsides or not but I couldn't believe Hasselbeck didn't change his rhythm, Haggans kept it up for the rest of the game, Locklear did a great job keeping after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back