PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley donates money to cover school budget cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
When the Saginaw Public Schools athletic department budget was cut, the school district opted to charge pay-to-participate fees for its middle school, junior high and high school athletes. For a high school athlete, participation fees were $75 per school year.
“People can make the argument that it wasn’t going to hurt participation, but it was,” Szatkowski said. “Because of this, kids will have an opportunity to participate, an opportunity to be part of a team. People don’t understand how important that is.
“Fall sports practice has been going on for over a week. I’ve seen the numbers. They’re low. This is one block removed for kids to participate. Hopefully, with this taken care of, we’ll see more kids playing.”
Woodley, a Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker, donated the money for the entire school district, not just his alma mater.
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley's donation brings cheers from Saginaw coaches | MLive.com

Nice gesture by the man.......:rocker::rocker:

There are plenty of Steelers players I've loathed, but Woodley has never been one of them. He strikes me as a genuine class act (and one way to tell is that he doesn't go around telling you so. ;))

Indeed. Tomlinson would have held a nationally televised press conference announcing this.

That's good for him. Kudos to Woodley and good for the school.

Well-done by Woodley. Seems he gets it.

Great to hear, sounds like Woodley's a genuinely good guy.

GREAT move by Woodley. Sadly I know many schools in the Worcester area do charge "pay-to-participate" fees. :bricks:

There are plenty of Steelers players I've loathed, but Woodley has never been one of them. He strikes me as a genuine class act (and one way to tell is that he doesn't go around telling you so. ;))

One of the most unanimous binkies ever when it came to the draft forum. I probably would guess 8 out of 10 Pats fans mocked him in their 2nd or 3rd round that year. Glad to see he is doing good for his community.

My hero. Good for you.

Nice job. Probably the only time I'll like a Steeler all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back