PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers interested in Moulds

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
STEELERS INTERESTED IN MOULDS

A league source tells us that the Pittsburgh Steelers are interested in acquiring receiver Eric Moulds from the Buffalo Bills "if the price is right."

In this regard, that could have two meanings. First, there's the price to pay the Bills to get him. Then, there's the price that Moulds will want.

Moulds, a ten-year veteran, has twice been asked to take a pay cut for 2006, and has consistently refused. The team recently authorized him to solicit trade offers.

He's scheduled to earn $6.089 million in base salary in 2006, and $7.25 million in 2007.

The Steelers don't typically break the bank for players from other teams, and Moulds might be willing to take less in Pittsburgh than he could get elsewhere, given the strong likelihood that the Steelers will be in the thick of things again in the 2006 postseason.

I"m sure every team in the NFL is interested in Moulds. Big deal.

Moulds will be released. Bills are just undergoing a fruitless game of chicken right now and no team is going to bite at $7.1 mill.
Just as a sidenote, Moulds has said repeatedly that his dream is to play for the Steelers and if given the opportunity would play for less, though we've heard this from athletes before.

ClosingTime said:
Moulds will be released. Bills are just undergoing a fruitless game of chicken right now and no team is going to bite at $7.1 mill.
Just as a sidenote, Moulds has said repeatedly that his dream is to play for the Steelers and if given the opportunity would play for less, though we've heard this from athletes before.
I wonder if that really means he is headed for Pitts??? Or is the money better there???

I seems like the Patriots no longer have that "Aura" in which players lined up to play for them. No super bowl and some key veteran FA cuts seem to have made the team unattractive to players looking to sign. Anyone else see that?

MrTibbs said:
I seems like the Patriots no longer have that "Aura" in which players lined up to play for them. No super bowl and some key veteran FA cuts seem to have made the team unattractive to players looking to sign. Anyone else see that?

Nobody has ever really "lined up" to sign with NE. They find good value after the losers go on a spending spree to satisfy their disgruntled fans.

This offseason is still long from over. Don't lose faith quite yet

In all honesty, what big name FA were "lining up" in the past? No one. And the Pats weren't signing them. They signed a few key vteran players that not many other teams were in the bidding for.
REmember there are an awful lot of FA's still out there with more to come. I know you all lost some players but what player that was signed (apart from the Pats own losses) would you really want to have? Randle El? At that money? Archuletta? Hutchinson?
Pats will make their play. They are waiting for the free agents to get a little nervous, bring down their asking price a little.
There was another contentious thread about the Pats rebuilding. I think they are reloading but they need to get a lot younger and quick, especially on defense.
Don't fret folks, the Pats will make their moves when all is calm in the waters and people will applaud them.
And just to keep my troll status after all that I can't believe there is so much uproar about AV and Willie and not so much about Givens. The Givens loss, to me, is the biggest of them all.

ClosingTime said:
And just to keep my troll status after all that I can't believe there is so much uproar about AV and Willie and not so much about Givens. The Givens loss, to me, is the biggest of them all.
Givens loss is significant, no doubt, but from a fan perspective totally expected and understandable. We all knew he was heading out for a pay day, and it's tough to blame the guy who was a 7th round pick, playing for peanuts (peanuts that most of us would LOVE to have) and has been waiting for his big payday.

Big Willie... many expected him to retire here, he even said the same thing just a few days before the Browns signed him. Came as a shock, so you can understand the reaction.

AV... well it's been rehashed to death here already. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back