PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers interested in Moss & Porter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good news for Steelers fans.

Obviously if any of this is true then the Steelers must feel pressured to do soemthing.

Smacks of desperation to me.

These moves don't often work out.

How long before Moss and Porter know the offense?

How much team effort is spent coaching them up to speed?

The season is now, no time for another training camp.

"Per the source, the Steelers believe that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's poor start has more to do with a less-than-impressive receiving corps than his June 12 trampoline routine off of a Chrysler." :rofl:

MoLewisrocks said:
"Per the source, the Steelers believe that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's poor start has more to do with a less-than-impressive receiving corps than his June 12 trampoline routine off of a Chrysler." :rofl:
I agree with the statement that Ben has no one to throw too.

NEM said:
They are wrong. Crowder has never let his game plans be in the hands of Roethlisberger's passing. The bus and the running game is what made Ben what people thought was a great QB. ANd, i think he's just plain dumb.

Gotta agree, with all the talk of system players, Roethlisberger is a classic one, he was been surrounded by a bunch of players who allowed the team to play to its strength. I suspect the retirement of Bettis, has left this team not a multidimensional as it has been in the past. With that being said, not sure if both Oakland players will fit into the Pittsburg way of doing things. Isn't there a lot of salary that follows Moss???

This thread is nuts.

Bettis was old and washed up the last couple years. It's the Steelers offensive line that was the strength of the offise that enabled them to put up enough points to win games on the back of a great D.

With Heinz Ward nursing a sore hamstring Ben's options are pretty limited. Teams are stacking against the run. Their linebackers are getting banged up as well. Townsend or someone in the backfield is also hurt. If things don't change there soon it will be a long season for them.

On a side note does anyone notice that most if not all other NFL teams do not adapt nearly as well to injuries as the Patriots do. I guess this proves the theory that it is batter to pay your backups more than other teams.

Big Jen's been throwing to people all year long. The problem is that he's been throwing to the defense. He's looked horrible. Even if they get it together, it's pretty clear that he's confused out there. Moss might be a decent addition for them since throwing the ball up and having Moss catch it mad Culpepper look good too.

SeanBruschi54 said:
I agree with the statement that Ben has no one to throw too.

Ben still has one of the best WRs in the game in Ward and Wilson who was the #2 guy in the playoffs. Add to this Miller going into his second year and I think it is a stretch to think that Pitt is running all that short on receivers. Unless, of course, Pitt really misses the semiannual play that Randle El made.

The larger problem is that Pitt went into this season thinking that Staley could take over for Bettis' power back role and he has failed miserably. Parker is a good back, but he is not a 20-25 carry per game back. No running game puts Pitt in a position to pass from more second and third and longs. In addition to that, Pitt used their well earned run dominating reputation to go for big plays on first down often. Now that teams don't fear Pitt's run game as much, they don't need to use as much personel to stop it, which hurts Pitt's early down passing game.

It is a little too early to draw any conclusions, but it was pretty obvious that Ben thrived off of the way D's needed to play Pitt. Now that they can scheme more to stop the pass, he is stuggling mightly. It isn't his face or his appendix, it is the fact that Ben is now being relied on to be the best player on the offense. So far it hasn't worked out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back