PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers Getting Loopy Watching Replay of Loss to the Jaguars

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswelker#83

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
ESPN Radio 1250 in Pittsburgh just bantered on and on about how the Steelers players are seeing the replay of their December 16th loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars over and over. Pittsburgh Sports talk hosts Ken Laird and Jim Colony reported on air tonight that the game played just three weeks ago, a 29-22 Steelers loss has been running on a loop on all of the TV's in the Steelers practice and training facility since Monday.

(Paraphrasing...) QB, Ben Roethlisberger said jokingly that he would like to see something else on the TV like CNN, Sports Center or The Food Network.

(Paraphrasing...) Head Coach Mike Tomlin said this is technique that he learned from Detroit Lions Head Coach Rod Marinelli but then a defensive coach in Tampa Bay with Tomlin. Tomlin said that the constant reminder of what not to do and how bad they got beat has had some success in the past.

We shall see if this technique is good enough to replace a very banged up offensive line, defensive line and running game. Game time is this Saturday night Jan. 5th at 8pm EST at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.

http://movetheneedle.blogspot.com/2008/01/steelers-getting-loopy-watching-replay.html

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the Jaguar love-fest is going to die an early death.

I have a feeling that the Jaguar love-fest is going to die an early death.

I think you're right. I watched them play against Indy once and they got their asses handed to them. Jags called the most ridiculous plays during that game. I don't see them going very far

I think you're right. I watched them play against Indy once and they got their asses handed to them. Jags called the most ridiculous plays during that game. I don't see them going very far

I saw the Indy@Jags game earlier this year and felt I should look up the stats on number of concussions Jack Del Rio suffered as a player. The coaching/play calling was that horrible in that game.

I expect Pitt to kick their ***es.
I also wouldn't be shocked if Tennesse beats the Chargers. (I'd feel better if Tenn actually had anything that resembled an NFL passing game).

This idea of one team won the last time they played, even just a few weeks ago holds no weight with me.

The Jags have a history of coming up short in big games, and being expected to win against a good steeler team IN Pittsburgh sets that up well.
Same for the Chargers, who IMO are the single-most narcissistic team in the NFL.
This is a perfect spot for them to end up shaking their heads again and wondering how they aren't as good as they think they are.

The Jags don't have the offensive talent to beat the Pats or Colts. I fail to see how a team that got swept by the Colts is a "serious" contender. Maybe a guest, but not a real threat. I could see them beating Pitt, then again I just can't see Pitt going down again like that at home. We'll see.

I dunno. I see Pittsburg as a pretty depleted team. Gerrard doesn't look that much better than Leftwich on paper, but in practice, he's a big upgrade, IMO. The last play-off we had with the Jags I was amazed Leftwich never took advantage of the height advantage of his receivers. Not a pass over shoulder high. Just plain dumb.

wow you saw them by play 1 game with their backup QB against a fully healthy Colts team (the 2nd best in the league).

this makes you an expert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey