PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers FS Tyrone Carter "Randy Moss does not like getting hit and avoids contact"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Steelers FS Tyrone Carter "Randy Moss does not like getting hit and avoids contac

Hines Ward SpyGate comments, Smith's guarantee and now this.

:D

Re: Steelers FS Tyrone Carter "Randy Moss does not like getting hit and avoids contac

Apparently Randy's former Vikings teammate and Pittsburgh's replacement at FS for Polamalu which is Tyrone Carter, has some harsh words about Randy afraid to take a big hit,another big Steelers blowhard who I hope eats his words on Sunday afternoon.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_541558.html?source=rss&feed=9

Is Carter's comment off base? He might be on the losing side of the ball this weekend, but he wont eat his words. That's not exactly breaking news when it comes to Moss. It's well known in the divisions he's played in. Personally, I dont really think there's anything wrong with a receiver being that way...he's a WR, not a LB.

What a surprise, a player who wants to prolong his career by avoiding big hits. I guess we should just put Randy in as a fullback on goal-line situation.

Is Carter's comment off base? He might be on the losing side of the ball this weekend, but he wont eat his words. That's not exactly breaking news when it comes to Moss. It's well known in the divisions he's played in. Personally, I dont really think there's anything wrong with a receiver being that way...he's a WR, not a LB.

Yeah-I'd rather have Moss as my teammate than Norvo the Clown steering the ship.:D

Exactly. Although I love a player to go for that extra yard on every play, in the grand scheme of things it may not be worth it, if the player is constantly hurt.

Yeah-I'd rather have Moss as my teammate than Norvo the Clown steering the ship.:D

Is he saying anything to command a response like that. Read, homie.

I guess tyrone didn't see that end zone catch by Randy against Miami with two guys all over him and Randy jumping up to catch it out of thin air between them or the acrobatic catch Randy made in Buffalo between two defenders in the MIDDLE of the field...I guess Tyrone missed that one too :rolleyes:

I understand what he is saying. But what offensive player likes contact?

Just amazing. Call me blind, but you jsut don't see these type comments from Patriots players. Ever. <3 Pats

Last edited:

Jerome Bettis, Lorenzo Neal, Stephen Jackson,....should I go on? Mostly all RBs/FBs. I cant think of too many receivers who do though.

You don't get it do you?

In a sneaky way with words,Tyrone is saying if you read the article that only a handful of WRs in the NFL have the guts to go after a ball thrown in the vicinity of oncoming DBs and Randy is not one of them.

In other words he is saying "Randy does not have the nads to try and catch a ball if its in a potential dangerous area and would rather avoid the catch then go after the reception"

Thats what he meant without saying it directly.

While not going after the ball might result in staying away from injury I would still rather see him at least try and catch it and hope that any hit would not be the result of an injury rather then just letting the ball sail by without effort.

Although I cannot say I have seen Randy totally give up on a dangerous pass so far this year.

As I said when the whole Anthony Smith-gate thing broke, all this chattering by our secondary would be a lot less annoying to Steelers fans if they knew where the **** the football was more of the time.

For one whole season Cowher got his Steelers to STFU - and they won a SB. Then all bets were off again, which is part of the reason he left. It's really hard to change a culture, sometimes you can just manage it for a segment of time...

Even if our players don't believe it, they always pay nothing but respectful lip service to their opponents. As Rodney did tonight at halftime. Can't even bait 'em...

You don't get it do you?

In a sneaky way with words,Tyrone is saying if you read the article that only a handful of WRs in the NFL have the guts to go after a ball thrown in the vicinity of oncoming DBs and Randy is not one of them.

In other words he is saying "Randy does not have the nads to try and catch a ball if its in a potential dangerous area and would rather avoid the catch then go after the reception"

Thats what he meant without saying it directly.

While not going after the ball might result in staying away from injury I would still rather see him at least try and catch it and hope that any hit would not be the result of an injury rather then just letting the ball sail by without effort.

Although I cannot say I have seen Randy totally give up on a dangerous pass so far this year.

You're right. But I dont think he was saying it indirectly, I think it was pretty clear and you outlined it above. ^ But again, that's nothing new with Moss. And I dont think there's anything wrong with an opposing player saying so. Not that I would run my mouth to the media, but whatever. As you pointed out, I dont recall that being an issue this year, but obviously I dont see him play often now. Maybe he's mustered up some bigger acorns since leaving Oakland. I doubt it, because that's a hard thing to overcome. What I do know, is that Moss will "play up" on a good team and with a good QB (hence his great year with the Pats).

I can't think of a single WR who enjoys getting bumped and then rammed after a catch. Jerry Rice? No. Terrel Owens? He's heavier and stronger than most, so he can take more punishment, but he doesn't go looking for it. Marvin Harrison? Forget it. NO WR goes looking for hits. Would be stupid to do so.

Randy knows his abilities and they are speed, jumping, and catching just about anything within one arm's reach. With his frame, he's not looking for any extra contact. He'll leave that to guys like the OLine, the D, and heavy full-backs and RBs.

No mysteries here.

//

Goin up for those jump balls are the real killers and Randy does it quite a bit so saying he doesn't like to get hit is nonsense. They all get ruffed up a bit being a WR and I don't see him avoiding it more than any others. I would say Randy is one of the smartest WR's in the game.

:rocker:

This team just won't shut up!!!!!!!

I love it! Pats will kill them.

Jerome Bettis, Lorenzo Neal, Stephen Jackson,....should I go on? Mostly all RBs/FBs. I cant think of too many receivers who do though.

Nice list, but they also have one thing in common...they had no choice but to love contact. None of them had the ability to avoid it, so they each made the decision to capitalize on their strength which was their size. These guys were as big if not bigger than the average linebacker.

And late in each of their careers, I'm certain each one of them wished their forte was speed and the ability to avoid the big hits:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes