PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers franchise Max Starks ...Again?? WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I know Max is the best tackle on thier line but you are telling me that they had to Franchise him AGAIN?

Could they not come up with a way to deal with Max instead of tossing a $15M tag on a tackle that is not even in the top 10 best in the NFL??

I am surprised such a well organized F.O. had to do this - Doesn't make sense IMO,especially considering Ben spent a good time on his back the last few years

But then again less cap money for other AFC teams could help us out :)

Starks gets a one-year, $8.451M tender after playing last year on the $6.9M transition tag.

Not quite 15M for one year but both sides must not be able to reach an agreement money/years or Steelers just feel they are better off with franchising him for one year.

The Starks move is surprising to me, but considering the Steelers' track record of handling the cap in the salary cap era, I'll withhold any judgement.

I've read that the front office and coaching staff had different opinions of Max last year. The front office wanted to keep him, but not so much with the coaches. That's why he wasn't a starter until we had injuries on the line. He did fairly well, considering how bad our line was in general last year.

With us picking 32, maybe they didn't feel a good LT would drop in the draft. Plus with the large deal Gross received, it was a 'safe' tag for us. Starks replaced Marvel Smith, who has had chronic back problems and is also a free agent.

It would have made more sense to sign him long term last year, but I'm guessing it had more to do with the differences of opinion on him.

Ok so their off line is almost complete, they only need to resign Colon to a 50 million/5 years deal and get Kwamie Harris from the Raiders for two 1st rounders :D(a lot of sarcasm) What a bad move!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back