PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers Fans Not Optimistic About 10-30-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm Optimistic. I think if the Steelers play flawless and can generate some turnovers they can win this game.

To answer an earlier question, the Field in Pittsburgh doesn't turn into total garbage until Thanksgivign weekend when the local highschools have their playoffs in the stadium. It is usually around that weekend, when there are 4 games in 2 days at the stadium that the field turns to crap.

I'd like to see Ike Taylor put man on man against Welker and see if he can't shut down that guy. Have Troy cover over the top the Two TEs for the Pats that are putting up stupid numbers for Tight ends and I'd like to see if the Oline can protect Ben for 4 seconds, enough time to get Wallace about 49 yards down field on a seem pass.

But it should be a good game. Patriots are the Steelers Nemesis, having won 7 out of the last 9 match ups. At this point, its a game we need to win to stay on pace for the Division title with the Ravens. So we'll see how it goes. I know we won't be over looking the Pats which was the fear with the Cardinals yesterday.

Awesome post but he can't stop Welker, honestly. The corner I've seen do a decent job is Revis and Welker still had a huge game.

This post had me in awe. Is it really that bad? I'd never wish harm on any player in this league, not even Terrell Suggs or Suh.

There are a lot of great Steelers fans. Then, there are a lot of Steelers fans who are every bit as scummy and despicable as the worst Jets fans.

It's a very diverse fan base.

Last edited:
Couple Replies to the posts. Ike isn't Revis and has stone hands so he won't be looking for ints, he just needs to tackle Welker after the catch and knock the ball down once in a while. The reason some Steelers fans have been anit-Ike for the last few years is the guy has Stone Hands and couldn't catch a pillow tossed across the room.

Turnovers, -7 vs Baltimore. Take that putrid game out of the mix and its not as bad as it seems. Yes our D has only generated 4 this year, hopefully, we can improve with that.

As for the Schedule and how that relates to our #1 Pass Offense. Fine that's valid, we haven't faced "world beaters" Schaub is the best statistically we faced, he's 7th in the league right now, but its not like its been the Packers and Saints for 6 weeks. Its all about playing who you face. We haven't seen "elite" QBs, sure thing, there are only about 5 Elite guys in the NFL anyway, Brady, Breese, Rogers, Rivers (still debatable cause he's not a winner) So it isn't like you'll face them every week.

Our opening Day loss was horrible, and our season really looked gloomy til we got the Gigantic Wall off the couch and put him in at left tackle. I think this week we will be starting our 8th Oline Combination, it might be the same as last week, but we'll see. So far we have had 7 different starting lineups on the Oline. Hopefully, we have that set now, we'll see.

I'm looking for a competitive game, I'm looking for the pressure to be brought against Brady forcing the quick passes that allow our DBs to make one on one tackles, keeping things from getting out of hand on those dink and dunk passes that turn into 30 yard plays after the catch. I'm sure the Patriots will open with a run play to the Left, that seems to be a weakness right now in our run defense and I'm sure Brady is going to attempt to throw the ball at least 42 times. I just hope he goes 28 for 42 for 280 1 TD and 1 INT and not 39 for 42 for 395 and 4 Tds.

Dino,
Have Troy cover over the top the Two TEs for the Pats that are putting up stupid numbers for Tight ends

Exactly how is the superhuman concussion machine Polo going to cover TWO TEs when they usually are running complementary routes to get the S to commit to one or the other?

Just like the Pats' dominance of Buffalo ended inexplicably this season, so to could their habit of beating Pittsburgh like a drum. It seems no one's giving Pittsburgh a chance in this game. If I were Pittsburgh I might not even activate a running back (joking) - just throw, throw, throw....especially if Toast McCourty is playing 8 yards off the line of scrimmage every play.
This game demands mistake-free football from the Patriots - turn it over four times as they did against Dallas and they will get crushed at Pittsburgh. Hopefully the Pats can mask their terrible pass defense and Pittsburgh, for some reason like they always do, tries to establish the running game. If they do try to run, Arians is a foooocking idiot....

Dino,

Exactly how is the superhuman concussion machine Polo going to cover TWO TEs when they usually are running complementary routes to get the S to commit to one or the other?

Well he can Time Travel after all...but what I really meant was have him covering each of them at different times changing it up. It wouldn't be fair if Troy actually put on the cape and boots and covered both at the same time :)

Just like the Pats' dominance of Buffalo ended inexplicably this season, so to could their habit of beating Pittsburgh like a drum. It seems no one's giving Pittsburgh a chance in this game. If I were Pittsburgh I might not even activate a running back (joking) - just throw, throw, throw....especially if Toast McCourty is playing 8 yards off the line of scrimmage every play.
This game demands mistake-free football from the Patriots - turn it over four times as they did against Dallas and they will get crushed at Pittsburgh. Hopefully the Pats can mask their terrible pass defense and Pittsburgh, for some reason like they always do, tries to establish the running game. If they do try to run, Arians is a foooocking idiot....

well some of us Steelers fans think Arians is in fact, and idiot so...

The thing the Steelers have going for them is that the Patriots have changed their offense.

Disagree, the Pats offense (assume 1-2-2 formations) will give the Steelers the same type of fits as they have traditionally, as the Pats can easily go 4 wide or Power out of base personnel. The Steelers traditionally have had trouble dealing with a fast tight end with good hands who can handle the seams as the inside linebackers are at best adequate in coverage (and worse with Timmons shifting to the outside to replace Harrison). With the two excellent route running and pass-catching TEs the Pats use, a safety is anchored to the middle of the field no matter what which means it is always Welker or Branch 1v1 against decent at best CBs. Someone will be open on every passing play as long as Brady consistently gets 2.7 seconds of protection.

And if the Steelers go nickel against base packages, the Patriots run all day long as the Steelers are no long a brick wall against the run.

My question is, if we win next week, does it count towards our home field win streak? :D:D:D

I expect the accuscore line to be something like: "If the Steelers can sack Brady at least 3 times, force at least 2 INTs, keep Brady under 300 yards, and can run over 100 yards they will win 51% of the time"

Until LeBeau can come up with a scheme to stop Brady, then I'm not expecting to beat New England. Belichick and Brady has the Steelers defense pegged not only schematically, but also personal wise. Guys like James Farrior can't cover a snail out of the backfield and I'm sure he's going to be matched up one on one, becoming a huge liability and a huge asset to the Patriots offense. William Gay struggled mightily with Gronkowski & Hernandez last season. Ike Taylor is pretty much our only hope and we should match him up wisely and accordingly.

Troy is best as an extra roving backer and reeking havoc at the line of scrimmage. He'll probably be playing back most of the game. Steelers got to keep everything in front of them and tackle. Brady will get yardage. It's the Y.A.C (Welker) that I'm worried about as well as Brady having 16 seconds to throw the football underneath, intermediate and using the draw to keep us off-balanced.

The Steelers, however, could afford to lose this game since Jax upset Balty last night so we can be loose heading into this one, which bodes well for us returning home IMHO.

Last edited:
from steeler addict...

I think this guy is on something....too much sniffin in the coal mines....

What is real funny is Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl since 2004 and has lost one.....But Belichick/Brady are still Immortal Gods who can't lose according to that fan base.....I can't stand the Pats or their fan base........I'm sick not only do I want the Pats to get smashed by the Pats but I want Brady to get hurt......I celebrated hard core when he went down for the year in the opening week of the 2008 season....Looked at my brother and said we're going to the Super Bowl when Brady went down....Call me classless and I don't care but I hate Tom Brady so much...lol

Behind Enemy Lines - New England Patriots - Page 2 - Steeler Addicts - Pittsburgh Steelers News,Message Board, Fan Site, & Blog

Last edited:
from steeler addict...

What is real funny is Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl since 2004 and has lost one.....But Belichick/Brady are still Immortal Gods who can't lose according to that fan base.....I can't stand the Pats or their fan base........I'm sick not only do I want the Pats to get smashed by the Pats but I want Brady to get hurt......I celebrated hard core when he went down for the year in the opening week of the 2008 season....Looked at my brother and said we're going to the Super Bowl when Brady went down....Call me classless and I don't care but I hate Tom Brady so much...lol

Behind Enemy Lines - New England Patriots - Page 2 - Steeler Addicts - Pittsburgh Steelers News,Message Board, Fan Site, & Blog
Nice admission that the Steelers wouldn't have made it past Brady.

Regards,
Chris

It's inevitable. Sooner or later, the Steelers AND there fans have been waiting for the chance to knock New England out of the playoffs. It's practically the only thing left to do nowadays. We understand Brady owns us, and we've patiently been waiting to atleast get another crack to seek revenge in January.

Unfortunately, the stage was set last season but N.E failed to take care of their own business. We want you guys though, maybe it'll happen in this years Title game or divisional round once more.

from steeler addict...

Anyone who celebrates anybody getting injured is clearly a wanker.

from steeler addict...

Wow, that has to be some of the most miserable people on the planet. They just seem bitter about everything.

from steeler addict...

I'm afraid to click the link.

Don't want to get sticky from all the Steeler Jelly

Its mostly the Steelers and other fan bases that put Brady/Belichick on a pedestal acting like the Pats have been champs since 2003..lol.I am def not going to dismiss the Steelers because the Pats can EASILY lose this game. I am sure the Steelers are going to be motivated especially since they are the underdogs and because Brady killed them last year. I think its foolish to dismiss them regardless.

Anyone who celebrates anybody getting injured is clearly a wanker.

Call me a wanker if you must, but I'd definitely celebrate if Rex Ryan fell down a flight of stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots