PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers escape another Patriots hurdle to the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the most annoying part to me, especially the one in 05 because I know we would have beat them in Foxborough. It's like the 80's Redskins never having to play the dynastic 49ers in their Superbowl runs.

2005 playoffs were all about Indy. They were the best team in the NFL and I have no reason to believe the Pats would not have been humiliated by them in the playoffs. Instead, Pittsburgh knocked them off and we got left sucking air at Mile High.

2005 playoffs were all about Indy. They were the best team in the NFL and I have no reason to believe the Pats would not have been humiliated by them in the playoffs. Instead, Pittsburgh knocked them off and we got left sucking air at Mile High.

Oh yea right...just like all the other times they embarrassed the Pats in the playoffs. :rolleyes:You forget, the regular season is all about Indy.

Actually, in that last game, if you look back, the Patriots went over the top for multiple TDs.

Polamalu bites on the short route constantly, and the Patriots took advantage of that. The Patriots won with 2 50 yard bombs to Deion Branch, great running by Corey Dillon, and interceptions of Ben R.

In 2001, Brady and Bledsoe led them to dink and dunk TDs, beautiful throws, and a Troy Brown punt return for a TD just nipped the Steelers.

But the way the Patriots beat the Steelers before was to shut down the running game (which was easy to do with Bettis back there), pressure the QB, and throw the ball over the top whenever Polamalu bit on the crossing route.

well..in principle,BB thinks you need to throw the ball to beat pitt. they will shut the run down if they want to. Thats why you see the pats pass 22-23 times consecutively against them.
Before the steelers/seattle SB bb was a special analyst on ESPN and he said seattle has to throw the ball to win and the then MVP alexander will not be able to do much against the steelers.

well..in principle,BB thinks you need to throw the ball to beat pitt. they will shut the run down if they want to. Thats why you see the pats pass 22-23 times consecutively against them.
Before the steelers/seattle SB bb was a special analyst on ESPN and he said seattle has to throw the ball to win and the then MVP alexander will not be able to do much against the steelers.

Outside of Troy P, Pitt's secondary is shaky(Ike Taylor is their weak link)-it was the same under Cowher. Thankfully for Pitt, they have a very creative DC in **** LeBeau.

I remember Seattle pretty much copying the same game plan NE uses against Pitt. Too bad penalties killed them in that game.

Escape?

The Patriots season was over after the Steelers came to Foxboro and blew us out. Had we won that game we'd be the #2 seed.

Instead, they eliminated us from making the playoffs.

Escape?

The Patriots season was over after the Steelers came to Foxboro and blew us out. Had we won that game we'd be the #2 seed.

Instead, they eliminated us from making the playoffs.

As a Steelers fan I totally get why some Pats fan would see it as an Escape. After all, the Steelers are going to their 2nd Superbowl after not having to play the Best team in the AFC in the playoffs in the last 10 years.

As a Steelers fan I totally get why some Pats fan would see it as an Escape. After all, the Steelers are going to their 2nd Superbowl after not having to play the Best team in the AFC in the playoffs in the last 10 years.

You're like the anti-troll. I don't trust you.

:p

Flattery will get you somewhere.

That's the most annoying part to me, especially the one in 05 because I know we would have beat them in Foxborough. It's like the 80's Redskins never having to play the dynastic 49ers in their Superbowl runs.

correction - they did play and beat them in the 1983 NFC Championship . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back