PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers: Dynasty or Myth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 70's Steelers were clearly a dynasty. There's no denying that. 4 Super Bowls in 6 years is incredible. I wouldn't call the 2000's Steelers a dynasty though. 2 in 4 years is impressive, but doesn't quite qualify as a dynasty if you ask me. If you take their entire history into account, you'd have to say they're the most impressive team in NFL history. They're almost always in contention. They'll have down years here and there but they're never down for long and get back in the hunt within a few years. They have 30+ postseason victories, have been to 14 AFC title games and 7 Super Bowls, and have 19 division championships.

I'm no Steeler fan, but overall, I think of them as the most accomplished organization in the NFL. I'd certainly rather have them seen as the class of the NFL over the Cowboys, that's for sure.

I do think the Patriots have become a Steeler-type franchise though; one that has stability throughout the organization; one that will be in contention for years and years to come because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes