PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers' clark: Patriots want to play basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
If playing basketball gets a win, then it's all good with me.

I know the ifs,ands and buts are meaningless, but if the refs didn't cheat Gronk out of his TD, even seconds after that, if Brady decided to take a QB sneak into the endzone, instead of eagerly sitting out there trying to boost is passing TD stats for the two extra minutes he ran off the clock, Clark wouldn't even be talking that trash right now.

Honestly, on that last TD drive for the Pats, Brady looked as cold and concentrated as he did in the last 2 minutes of the Dallas game. I had no doubt at that point the Pats were gonna win after all. The Steelers D were struggling against that perfect 'basketball' play. Suddenly Brady decides to waste nearly 4 minutes in the redzone trying to boost his stats, instead of win the game.

Sure the Defense sucks, but they held the Steelers down to no score in the 2nd half, though it did take them 40+ minutes to do so. I love him to death, but I'm putting this loss on Brady, The Law Firm who disappears against physical defenses and the WRs for not knowing how to get open anymore and dropping balls when they do finally get open.

- How effective is finesse (basketball) in the post-season? Didn’t we laugh at the Colts for years because they were a finesse team and we prided ourselves on being a tough-nosed football team that would beat a team by beating them up?

- Yes, Brady looked cool, calm, and collected on that last drive but Woodley was also out, and James Harrison didnt play at all, so it's not exactly a normal strength Steeler's team he had control over.

not that its worth anything, but I doubt the pats are going to have that game plan come the playoffs (and yes, they will make the playoffs......do you see their schedule for the 6 games between the jets and the bills?)

pray for nasty weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back