PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers' clark: Patriots want to play basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
cliffs for those who don't want to read all of that: Clark: Patriots play soft and utilize quickness and keep defenses on their heels. We decided to get physical and agressive with the smaller opponent. Tom Brady will be in the lab trying to figure things out and they'll be back.

Hope that Clark get's suspended for his headhunting..

Basketball is 5-on-5.

Just said what most people have been saying: 1. the pats have no deep threat 2. Take away the middle its going to be a struggle!

This is awesome, I love the trash talk, as if we didn't have enough motivation to beat the Giants.

This is awesome, I love the trash talk, as if we didn't have enough motivation to beat the Giants.

They should have motivation to beat the Giants period....They can easily be out of first place by the end of next Sunday so.....

I'm glad they don't play basketball. It's locked out.

They should have motivation to beat the Giants period....They can easily be out of first place by the end of next Sunday so.....

Bills are #1 now, patriots were #1, but they lost their wings. I gotta send someone to top gun, patriots just don't have a defense, they won't make in top gun. Sorry belichick, Brady.

Ta na na na na, na na, na na...

This is why BB got Ocho.

What a disappointment.

At least he saved the trash talking for after the win.

If playing basketball gets a win, then it's all good with me.

I know the ifs,ands and buts are meaningless, but if the refs didn't cheat Gronk out of his TD, even seconds after that, if Brady decided to take a QB sneak into the endzone, instead of eagerly sitting out there trying to boost is passing TD stats for the two extra minutes he ran off the clock, Clark wouldn't even be talking that trash right now.

Honestly, on that last TD drive for the Pats, Brady looked as cold and concentrated as he did in the last 2 minutes of the Dallas game. I had no doubt at that point the Pats were gonna win after all. The Steelers D were struggling against that perfect 'basketball' play. Suddenly Brady decides to waste nearly 4 minutes in the redzone trying to boost his stats, instead of win the game.

Sure the Defense sucks, but they held the Steelers down to no score in the 2nd half, though it did take them 40+ minutes to do so. I love him to death, but I'm putting this loss on Brady, The Law Firm who disappears against physical defenses and the WRs for not knowing how to get open anymore and dropping balls when they do finally get open.

if Brady decided to take a QB sneak into the endzone, instead of eagerly sitting out there trying to boost is passing TD stats for the two extra minutes he ran off the clock, Clark wouldn't even be talking that trash right now.

boost his TD stats???

Sounds more like your LivinLovin&Breathin_Carbon Monoxide.

On Clark's espn interview yesterday he went on a pretty long rant about how small our receivers were and the lack of a deep threat. I don't think he was trash talking, just repeating things said from the game plan meetings.

If the New England Patriots played basketball they would be the Denver Nuggets under Doug Moe in the early/mid 80s - lead the league or be in the top tier in scoring and SUCK defensively.....and lose in the playoffs when they face a team that can play defense...

I know the ifs,ands and buts are meaningless, but if the refs didn't cheat Gronk out of his TD, even seconds after that, if Brady decided to take a QB sneak into the endzone, instead of eagerly sitting out there trying to boost is passing TD stats for the two extra minutes he ran off the clock, Clark wouldn't even be talking that trash right now.

Honestly, on that last TD drive for the Pats, Brady looked as cold and concentrated as he did in the last 2 minutes of the Dallas game. I had no doubt at that point the Pats were gonna win after all. The Steelers D were struggling against that perfect 'basketball' play. Suddenly Brady decides to waste nearly 4 minutes in the redzone trying to boost his stats, instead of win the game.

I'm sorry, but these statements are dumb. You have to throw the football in that situation because an incomplete pass stops the clock. Trying to run it in and failing can take upwards of 30 seconds off the clock. The fact that we had two plays in which the receiver was stopped at the half yard line was an aberration.

Awesome pick and roll by Hernandez and Gronk on that play up the sideline. That Steeler probably didn't think he was on a court after that hit. Refs also missed a few charging calls on Gronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back