PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers Broncos game

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody else wanna punch Tomlin in the face?

no. he looks Hollywood. hes a cool coach :)

but he coaches a bad team.

Squeelers lose to a poor Bronco team without Champ Bailey and Javon Walker. good night ya'll

but he coaches a bad team.

Squeelers lose to a poor Bronco team without Champ Bailey and Javon Walker. good night ya'll

:singing: That's exactly why.... Belli will mop the floor with him:rocker:

That was a nice call overturning the incomplete but Graham needs to hang onto the ball a bit longer in case they don't get it right.

He's had the same occasional bouts of 'Stone Hands' out there that he had here... I think a Graham drop cost them a game earlier this season.

I loved the guy when he was here, and thank him for his contributions, but he always seems to go through these spells where he drops passes he usually / should catch.

The Steelers have always had a top notch run D, but their secondary will be lambs to the slaughter when we play them.

Cutler is an okay QB, throwing to a so-so WR corps - imagine the carnage when they play against Brady throwing to Stallworth, Moss, Welker and Watson.

As a post-script, I remember thinking that Ben is taking full advantge of defenders unwillingness to take the QB down - someone is going to hurt him if he keeps lowering his shoulder into LBers and DB's.

Last edited:
I've seen Indy's D and I'm not on the "Indy has a good D" bandwagon but the Pats' D this year isn't making me forget that nightmare of a second half last year. And it looks like Seymour isn't going to be available so I'm kinda anxious.

Forgot about the SD game. That should be a tough game for them. I'm not sold on Jacksonville but hopefully they'll prove me wrong tomorrow.

You got a link for that?

Also, I agree about our LBs but A.D. is still in his learning curve and more *Meriweather and other dbs and more 2-3 linemen instead of one and less LBs in the nickel dime type packages and I think we're fine*

(If that doesn't make sense, I'll explain)

Also, most teams would love to have a "weakness" like that (Cinci and Cleveland immediately come to mind).

You got a link for that?

Also, I agree about our LBs but A.D. is still in his learning curve and more *Meriweather and other dbs and more 2-3 linemen instead of one and less LBs in the nickel dime type packages and I think we're fine*

(If that doesn't make sense, I'll explain)

Also, most teams would love to have a "weakness" like that (Cinci and Cleveland immediately come to mind).

Seymour is just my own guess because he hasn't been activated, there are only two weeks before the Colts game and Belichick likes to give players practice time. Hope I'm wrong

You're right - after watching some of the highlights from games today, I'm thinking maybe I've been too hard on the Pats D. Lots of inept teams out there, including Pitt and Denver..wow.

thats it...i was thinking hard how to describe tomlin...borderline flashy and arrogant face but couldnt find the word....hollywood.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the Steelers and the rest of the AFC North are frauds. F-R-A-U-D-S, frauds. I'm more worried about the Redskins and Giants at this point than I am the Ravens and Steelers.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the Steelers and the rest of the AFC North are frauds. F-R-A-U-D-S, frauds. I'm more worried about the Redskins and Giants at this point than I am the Ravens and Steelers.

The 'Skins and Gints are frauds too. In the NFC it's not hard from week to week to find some other stiff to make you look better than are. I think over time it is what keeps that confrerence from improving.

Seymour is just my own guess because he hasn't been activated, there are only two weeks before the Colts game and Belichick likes to give players practice time. Hope I'm wrong

You're right - after watching some of the highlights from games today, I'm thinking maybe I've been too hard on the Pats D. Lots of inept teams out there, including Pitt and Denver..wow.

All reports are he's prcticing and looks hopeful for November. He's had a history of knee problems and they're not exactly struggling at DL, so they want to give him plenty of time, I imagine. He played through injuries to two legs and an arm last year.

They have a three week window, then three weeks after that. Reiss says two weeks from a source.

anybody else wanna punch Tomlin in the face?

I like Tomlin, but he gets an F for the offensive game plan against Denver. That was terrible. Trying to run the ball time after time on 1st and 2nd down out of obvious running formations (3 TEs, I formation etc.) against Denver who plays 8 and 9 in the box was idiotic.

He should have spread out the defense in 3 or 4 WR sets and let Parker run in space.

Got to agree here. Baltimore I always knew was a fraud but geez, I bought into Pittsburgh. Pats O should outscore them easy. It's down to Indy which will be a loss unless we fix our D.

Which games are not winnable for Indy? Titans looks like they have an offense with Collins but he's good for a couple picks every game. Jacksonville's D is living on reputation. I think if Indy gets by the Pats, then there's a good chance for them to go 16-0. Ironic, if Pats didn't play Indy this year, there would be a good chance of two teams going 16-0.

@SD, @Balt, Jags play us pretty well at home. Should we beat them tonight, doesn't mean we don't have to show up in the Dome. Hate to give KC too much of a shot, but if LJ gets it rolling, could be a difficult match-up. But, I don't want to go Lou Holtz on you;)

Tomlin's problem is he's finding out that Cowher and Whisenhut were right. He's allowed dunderhead to put his chubby fingerprints all over their offensive game planning to showcase his ego, something his former HC and OC had learned could be your undoing. Ben was "manageable" before they got one for the thumb. Thereafter he became a problem. Cowher left in part because he didn't want to deal with what was going to happen as he was increasingly forced to butt heads with faceplant. Whisenhunts reluctance to condescend to the franchise was likely why he didn't get the nod as Cowher's heir apparent. Tomlin was brought in to reinforce the mantra that Pittsburgh wins with D, and to allow Ben to spread his wings at franchise QB before committing to that extension he's in line for. The Rooney's desperately want to have an extendable franchise QB after suffering through years of great defenses stymied by the likes of Slash under center. Ben is never going to be more than manageable at best and maddeningly inconsistent at worst. It remains to be seen if Tomlin has either the intestinal fortitude or necessary cache to manage him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back