PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers at the White House Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfrom1960

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Have to reverse that. How was that allowed!

i would have prefered there Seattle...

i still remember the way PIT won...

Joey Porter going??

Although I wanted Seattle to win, congrats to the new World Champions! They are the champs until they're dethroned in February. Given their decent off season they should be the favorites to win again. As we know, favorites don't always win.

we have to return there soon...

Least. Deserving. Trip. Ever.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Although I wanted Seattle to win, congrats to the new World Champions! They are the champs until they're dethroned in February. Given their decent off season they should be the favorites to win again. As we know, favorites don't always win.
Yeah, that's being fair. I'm not a good loser though, and thoroughly enjoyed all 16 Celtics titles, 3 Patriots, 1 Red Sox and a couple Bruins too. I guess that's a lot for one fan for one lifetime, but I want more!

Fanfrom1960 said:
Yeah, that's being fair. I'm not a good loser though, and thoroughly enjoyed all 16 Celtics titles, 3 Patriots, 1 Red Sox and a couple Bruins too. I guess that's a lot for one fan for one lifetime, but I want more!

i think that the New England Patriots could win a couple of Super Bowls (let's say two) in the next 4 years and i hope it will happens !

only a dream if we return back to the beginning of 1990...

Last edited:
Fanfrom1960 said:
Have to reverse that. How was that allowed!

Why the Stealers? They should have just had the game refs show up on Pennsylvania Ave today...

PatsWickedPissah said:

They lost Randel-El, Von Ohlffen (sp), and others, their first round pick has already been in trouble with the police. Not sure their offseason was good at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even make the playoffs this year.

Jacky Roberts said:
They lost Randel-El, Von Ohlffen (sp), and others, their first round pick has already been in trouble with the police. Not sure their offseason was good at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even make the playoffs this year.

Such incidents most always amount to nada; they had a solid draft. Remember, the Steelers are well known for being very capable at weathering the loss of free agents. That being said color me skeptical of Ratsburger facing a BB playoff D.

What was the over/under on how many times Cowher spit in Bush's face when talking to him?

Cowher is trying soooooooo hard to replicate our success at moving on, but I somehow doubt his team will quite be able to. I think they will miss the Bus as the undisputed leader, not to mention the old fallback workhorse. Will...ie... Parker may not be quite the same guy once the position is his alone. Porter is talking holdout. Ward is an emotional guy and can also only catch balls thrown to him. Ben - the jury is still out. He shows spurts of consistency, like when he came back late last season and early in the playoffs, but he can't seem to maintain focus for long periods. And he is proving somewhat fragile so who knows what part of 2006-07 he'll miss or struggle through with injuries.

How well they do may be tied to how that division shakes out. Can RAC mount an offense, will Palmer be healthy enough to resume where he left off, and will a McNair with something to prove stay healthy or be effective as a Raven. That could be one tough mf of a division, or a cakewalk.

NEM said:
I dint see it but someone told me that Bush told them he was so used to seeing the Patriots there, and Roethlessdummy said something to the effect "well, Mr. President, you won't see them here anymore."

Did anyone see it?

What a joke if that's true. Worthlessburger plays one of the worst games in Superbowl history, happens to luck into a championship thanks to the refs and wants to talk? Brady and company will have 5 rings before fluke-boy sniffs another Superbowl. No way do the Steelers repeat, no chance in hell that happens. This year belongs to the Patriots.

Richter said:
No way do the Steelers repeat, no chance in hell that happens. This year belongs to the Patriots.

Wow. You just saved me a lot of time I would have wasted watching the games this fall. Guess I can get around to remodeling the kitchen. Thanks.

Richter said:
Least. Deserving. Trip. Ever.

Sure, the Superbowl was an embarrassment and the refereeing a scandal. But did the Seahawks deserve to win? Not in my book. And the Steelers had the most amazing run through the play-offs -- three games won on the road (including a game at Indianapolis that was at least as badly refereed). They deserve their rings.

George Bush's Memorable Quotes

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06154/695427-66.stm

Some George Bush's quote on Stealers' visit:

"Thank you all for coming. Please be seated. It sounds like some people have been drinking some Iron City beer here. It's such an honor to welcome the Pittsburgh Steelers here to the White House. Congratulations on being the champs. You had a ring for every finger; now you've got one for the thumb."

"I want to -- look, I was a Texas Cowboy fan, you know. Dallas Cowboy fan -- and -- yes, I know, I know. It's kind of hard for me to admit, but the Steeler franchise is one of the really great franchises in football history. And one of the reasons why is because of the Rooney family."

"[Cowher] is a -- he's an amazing coach. He's got the most unusual expressions on the sideline. So I told the vice president I was going to be able to congratulate coach Cowher in person, and he said, 'Well, get him to give me some tips on his scowl.'"

Mike the Brit said:
Sure, the Superbowl was an embarrassment and the refereeing a scandal. But did the Seahawks deserve to win? Not in my book. And the Steelers had the most amazing run through the play-offs -- three games won on the road (including a game at Indianapolis that was at least as badly refereed). They deserve their rings.

"Did the Seahawks deserve to win?" as a justification for the Steelers winning makes no sense. The Steelers didn't deserve to win any more than the Seahawks did, they were just on the right side of lousy officiating. And watching that game, maybe if those horrendous calls that took away most of Seattle's positive plays hadn't been made, you'd look at it differently. The point is though, that because one team sucked doesn't validate the other team's performance when they sucked just as much, if not arguably more (Worthlessburger's performance puts them over the top, in my opinion).

ClosingTime said:
Wow. You just saved me a lot of time I would have wasted watching the games this fall. Guess I can get around to remodeling the kitchen. Thanks.

Sounds like you can. Would beat watching the Steelers and neanderthal coach anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back