PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

steelers are hypocrites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things stand out about that AP article,

1. This line from the writer: "Several calls were questioned during and after the game, mostly by the Seahawks and their fans."

and

2. It's getting to some of them, certainly Hampton - "People crying about what happened, that's crazy. It doesn't matter. You can't talk about what might have happened. Two or three years from now, people won't remember who we beat in the Super Bowl, just that we won."

Who ISN'T a hypocrite on this stuff? You get the breaks, you're happy. You don't get the breaks, you're upset. <shrug>

My favorite quote:

"Whoever is supposed to win is going to win. That's how it feels."

Isn't that the truth.. the officials sure made sure of that.

The Sitllers are the Champs, but I would think that how the SB played out, the players and thier fans would be a little subdued on thier crowing. Besides PS80's coming here and wondering why we don't start congrats threads for Stillers (gee get a clue, I could care less if any other message board besides this one has any Pats threads on it after a Pats SB win) I haven't seen the "fans" "crowing" much. Friends of mine that are Stiller fans were happy, but certainly not about to proclaim thier win too loudly and I have heard the same from other posters here with Stiller fan friends.

The players spouting off is classic Stillers. "the best team didn't win" crap....of course this year like BF80 pointed out it is "Whoever is supposed to win is going to win. That's how it feels.".....Hypocrites, big time....I think like your "word" and actions like this speak about your character. Saying stuff like this basically speaks of the lack of it to me.

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
My favorite quote:

"Whoever is supposed to win is going to win. That's how it feels."

Isn't that the truth.. the officials sure made sure of that.

The comments made by the Steelers in that article sound almost Freudian. It's as if they are trying to convince themselves that they won; and Hampton claiming to feel bad for the officials is a classic case of projection.

Frankly I congratulate the Steelers....but the bottom line, neither team played like a champion on Super Bowl Sunday.

Murphys95 said:
2. It's getting to some of them, certainly Hampton - "People crying about what happened, that's crazy. It doesn't matter. You can't talk about what might have happened. Two or three years from now, people won't remember who we beat in the Super Bowl, just that we won."

not so sure...
sure: people will ALWAYS remember this Super Bowl...
BUT it will be remembered surely not for the strong performance from PIT...

The Steelers' O-Line got dominated by Seymour and Company

And it'll happen again in '06. Anybody have the schedule for next year? Not yet, huh? Well, I expect the Steelers to be scheduled to come into Foxboro. We'll win 45-0. Or something close to that.

Go PATS!

No, we don't play the Steelers next year.

Johnny Mac said:
No, we don't play the Steelers next year.

Not in the regular season anyway. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back