PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers Anthony Smith guarantees victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Steelers Anthony Smith guaranteed victory

i just gets me irritated when the pats dont say anything and are consistently called out for being classless and arrogant all these !!@#@#@ morons like smith and crayton are termed 'entertaining'

makes me mad :mad:
Yeah, they win the PR battle, but we are 12-0 and the steelers are 9-3.

I can live with that.

I at least see his point about the WRs. Cincy has probably the best trio in the game. Once you get past Moss and Welker, the Pats' receivers are really nothing special.

Stallworth is no slouch, man. He'd be a #1 receiver on most teams.

But regardless, I am now looking forward to another blowout victory...I have missed them these last two weeks. :D

iam actually worried now that one of these guys might make some dirty plays out of frustration

This is perfect. I've been telling my friends Pitt is actually a good team for us to play right now. Bc unlike other .500 teams expecting the worst, the Steelers would come in overconfident and ****y like always.

Like clockwork.

I love that organization.

This is perfect. I've been telling my friends Pitt is actually a good team for us to play right now. Bc unlike other .500 teams expecting the worst, the Steelers would come in overconfident and ****y like always.

Like clockwork.

I love that organization.

for the most part the Steelers are actually a humble orginization. But I guess one loud-mouth such as Porter or Smith can ruin the image of a team.

"We're going to win, yeah, I can guarantee a win.''

"Those three guys, I don't think it gets much better than Cincinnati's corps of receivers. We've already seen the best."

Thank you indeed!

He also insulted the Pats' defense.

Anthony Smith, kudos to you. Well done. :rocker: :rocker:

for the most part the Steelers are actually a humble orginization. But I guess one loud-mouth such as Porter or Smith can ruin the image of a team.
Flowers back in the day comes to mind too.

I think Smith needs to shut his mouth. He's a young guy who loves to knock people out and is real happy about the way they played against the Bungles the other night.

I'm a Steelers fan, but I have got to admit it was a dumb thing to say. At least when Porter said this stuff it had some substance to it, this guy is too young and inexperienced to be saying this stuff. I don't think Farrior and Harrison are real happy about it either.

All that said, I'm still hoping the Steelers somehow win this game

Thye aren't loud mouths, you're right, but Hines is a HUGE cry baby. I respect his play, but I can't ever get the images of him crying and whining out of my head when I see him.

Thye aren't loud mouths, you're right, but Hines is a HUGE cry baby. I respect his play, but I can't ever get the images of him crying and whining out of my head when I see him.

Do you know why he was crying?

That might be true. It only takes 1-2 loudmouths and the media can craft an image of a team.

But I do recall reading somewhere (maybe PFT.com so take FWIW) that opposing teams are saying Pitt is talking waaaay more **** on the field now that Cowher is gone.

Flowers back in the day comes to mind too.

Lee Flowers once called the Bucs "Paper Champions" AFTER the Steelers wiped the floor with them BECAUSE Warren Sapp danced through them while they stretched...and I loved him for it.

The only other time he talked was when he said, "We will not be 0-3." We weren't.

A. Smith has done nothing to earn the right to talk., much less guaruntee anything. But if the Pats need BB material to get them going, then I hope they use it. Joey Porter, often needed that too.

However, these Steelers remember the disappointments handed to them by the Pats in the past, AND the PATS are the ones with the targets on their backs. Not the Steelers. Smiths words will have no effect on this game.

This is great. Belichick will post this on the door to the locker room :singing:

Last edited:
That might be true. It only takes 1-2 loudmouths and the media can craft an image of a team.

But I do recall reading somewhere (maybe PFT.com so take FWIW) that opposing teams are saying Pitt is talking waaaay more **** on the field now that Cowher is gone.

LOL. Porter is gone too, so it's still probably about even.

Do you know why he was crying?

Yes, he was crying for Bettis, correct? I guess when I think of it I couple it with all of the *****ing and "the better team didn't win" crap from Kordell, it all gets lumped into one big cryfest. I shouldn't lump it all together, but I do.
Then years later to still ***** about it with the Spygate crap, just makes me see him as nothing but a whiner.

Can anyone dig up what Ward and Recklessberger said about spygate?

That was some good stuff to. :bricks:

still somehow the patriots are labeled as an arrogant team everytime ...go figure.

F**ing mortals. What do you expect?

Yes, he was crying for Bettis, correct? I guess when I think of it I couple it with all of the *****ing and "the better team didn't win" crap from Kordell, it all gets lumped into one big cryfest. I shouldn't lump it all together, but I do.
Then years later to still ***** about it with the Spygate crap, just makes me see him as nothing but a whiner.

I really don't think he cared about the spygate stuff to be honest. He was asked and said they were calling out "our stuff." For the Pats to be calling out the Steelers plays, that's a little odd. However, he dismissed it and has never brought it up himself.

Yes, he cried because they wanted to send the Bus out on top. That was a helluva season (15-1). FB is emotional. If they're allowed to hit and scream like animals, then on the other end they all should be allowed to bow and cry. Brett Favre did and he was never judged for it.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm just giving my views.

WHO??? said what??? Does it matter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back