PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steeler Nation finds a place in Patriots family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw that's so cute. :rolleyes: Too bad the girl will probably be a Steeler fan while the boy hops on the New England train. Boys always know better than girls. ;)

He was not as supportive," recalled Nicole. "He was laughing after last year's Super Bowl. He always has excuses why the Patriots win or lose. It's OK. I'm rooting for the Steelers ... for him.

Sounds like an awesome husband :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is the way women get over on men. His buddy dies, and he happens to have th same last name as the PATS QB, so the husband and wife "together" decide to name their kid Brady. Wouldn't it have made more sense to name him Mark if he was to honor their friend? The Steelers fan doesn't even realize that he has been had.

I always wondered what it'd be like marrying a fan of a rival team. I don't take losses well at all, so there's guaranteed household tension if a SB42 or '06 AFCC happened and she found any kind of humor in that. On the flip side I would always look forward to our teams playing each other and the romantic trash talk that would take place leading up to the matchup.

The Steelers will burn for their crimes like all enemies of the Pats.

My fiance has the Steelers as her back up team. She likes the Pats and roots for them every game, wears shirts and lives in a decked out apartment with me, but I still trow up in my mouth a little bit everytime she cheers for the steelers. I am even sucking it up and going with her to a steeler party with her co-workers today.---ugh---

"Nikki thought she could sway me into being a Pats fan. Her whole family thought they could change me," said Brian. "They don't understand. Steelers fans are like Red Sox fans. Once you are born there is nothing you can do. I'm a fan for life."

As someone who was born into and raised in a Steelers household, grew up being taught that the good guys wear black and gold and the bad guys wear silver and blue (Dad HATED the Cowboys), I can tell this ironhead that there IS hope. It is possible to cross over from the dark side. Yeah, it took me 10 years or so, but there is hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing