PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steeler Fan's Perspective on NE Cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelersFan

Rookie
Reaction score
First, let me just throw out there that you guys have a great team. Brady is a great QB - one of the best that I have seen in my lifetime. Your defense is always solid and you coaches are very smart.

Second, if NE did cheat with this camera-signaling thing, its not the reason for your winning. You won 3 SBs because you had the better team and you guys played better.

But you can't deny that this cheating business is distracting and making many people lose some respect. Its sort of like steroids and Barry Bonds. I think he would have eventually eclipsed Hank Aaron without steroids and the steroids did not make him hit it more accurately - but it totally waters down his accomplishments.

This camera-signaling this is much much milder than Bonds and steroids - but they both do the same thing - it makes everyone question the legitimacy of the accomplishments. I, for one, do not believe that the Pats won because of this - but why even have it out there.

I would recommend to Belichek to stop this practice and if he doesn't - THEN, I will question whether all his coaching genius is about knowing ahead of time what the other teams were doing.

First, let me just throw out there that you guys have a great team. Brady is a great QB - one of the best that I have seen in my lifetime. Your defense is always solid and you coaches are very smart.

Second, if NE did cheat with this camera-signaling thing, its not the reason for your winning. You won 3 SBs because you had the better team and you guys played better.

But you can't deny that this cheating business is distracting and making many people lose some respect. Its sort of like steroids and Barry Bonds. I think he would have eventually eclipsed Hank Aaron without steroids and the steroids did not make him hit it more accurately - but it totally waters down his accomplishments.

This camera-signaling this is much much milder than Bonds and steroids - but they both do the same thing - it makes everyone question the legitimacy of the accomplishments. I, for one, do not believe that the Pats won because of this - but why even have it out there.

I would recommend to Belichek to stop this practice and if he doesn't - THEN, I will question whether all his coaching genius is about knowing ahead of time what the other teams were doing.

Other than the last 2 lines, I think all of this makes sense. Why give people material, especially when it's unnecessary?

Last edited:

Ok great thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

If San Diego is spending time thinking about this video thing and not preparing for the game this Sunday, than Belichick's ploy wins. My guess is this is revenge for Mangini bringing in Caldwell and digging for info on the Pats passing scheme. Wait, isn't that cheating, too?

But you can't deny that this cheating business is distracting and making many people lose some respect.

Not interested in respect. Interested in your record for SB championships.

Last edited:
If San Diego is spending time thinking about this video thing and not preparing for the game this Sunday, than Belichick's ploy wins. My guess is this is revenge for Mangini bringing in Caldwell and digging for info on the Pats passing scheme. Wait, isn't that cheating, too?

Can you imagine the Chargers worrying about their signals getting stolen, I wonder if there's a few delay of game penalty's against the Chargers and a few times the defense dosen't get the plays called in quick enough. Can you imagine if that happens, then we find out the tape was blank and everyone starts wondering what happened. Bill will snicker and laugh at the fact everyone bought it and by effecting the Chargers, the MASTER plan worked !

Last edited:
Not interested in respect. Interested in your record for SB championships.

Hey, you can win the SB by poisoning the opponents gatorade, and you can also win the SB by stealing the opponents playbook and knowing what plays they are going to run, and you can win the SB by hiring a hitman to kill the opponent coach's wives and children before each game and stressing them out ...

but hey, who am I to talk ... as long as you win SBs - I guess that's all that matters. Hooray for the Pats, they win ....

Thank you for your perspective. If the Patriots did willfully cheat, they deserve to be punished in a fair and appropriate manner. If they didn't, the NFL needs to state the team's innocence in an equally fair and appropriate manner.

I doubt this is revenge for bringing in Caldwell. And, no, that is not cheating. If it is we cheated twice as much because we brought in both Tim Dwight and Bobby Hamilton.

Hey, you can win the SB by poisoning the opponents gatorade, and you can also win the SB by stealing the opponents playbook and knowing what plays they are going to run, and you can win the SB by hiring a hitman to kill the opponent coach's wives and children before each game and stressing them out ...

but hey, who am I to talk ... as long as you win SBs - I guess that's all that matters. Hooray for the Pats, they win ....

Naaah, that would be the Raiders.

I'm interested in the feds having records of the Steelers team physician procuring $150,000 of Human Growth Hormone. Have a nice day.

"IF" the Patriots are guilty, you're right. If they are exonerrated, then it's a sad case of the national media showing their hate & envy of the Patriots success. As a long-time Patriots fan, I see the hate & envy of the Patriots organization everywhere. Especially on opposing team's fan sites where there are virtually hundreds of "Why we hate New England" and "Why we Hate Tom Brady" threads everywhere.

Just go visit the SD Chargers official fan site and see what I'm talking about. It's almost as if much of the country "Wants" the Pats to be found guilty and I honestly doubt they are.

BTW, did you know Mangini made the Patriots wear their home dark blue jerseys last Sunday? What coach would do that? The Jets home jerseys are green but Mangini decided since it was so hot, they'd wear their away white's and the Patriots would have to wear their home dark-blue's...pretty sad

Last edited:
Everyone hates NE anyway. I regularly have to hear that their SB wins were flukes (all 3 of them?) or that they're nothing without Brady (so what?). Hell, just a couple weeks ago I heard that Brady was a system QB and David Carr or Joey Harrington could be great in Belichick's system (the same guy called Belichick an offensive genius).

I've come to deal with the fact that I no longer care who respects NE's victories. It's just not worth worrying about.

I'm going to wait until we know what has happened to decide how I feel about it, but something tells me it won't bother me too much due to the fact that everyone does it.

Everyone hates NE anyway. I regularly have to hear that their SB wins were flukes (all 3 of them?) or that they're nothing without Brady (so what?). Hell, just a couple weeks ago I heard that Brady was a system QB and David Carr or Joey Harrington could be great in Belichick's system (the same guy called Belichick an offensive genius).

I've come to deal with the fact that I no longer care who respects NE's victories. It's just not worth worrying about.

I'm going to wait until we know what has happened to decide how I feel about it, but something tells me it won't bother me too much due to the fact that everyone does it.

We hate you because you guys are good and you win. Basically, we're extremely jealous.

We hate you because you guys are good and you win. Basically, we're extremely jealous.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic here... but I'm going to assume that you aren't.

Your "steel curtain" teams (the best defense ever, IMHO... apologies to the '85 Bears) were hated like this, too. I believe this is why this is being so overblown... I appreciate your honesty... it is good to have you on the board.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic here... but I'm going to assume that you aren't.

Your "steel curtain" teams (the best defense ever, IMHO... apologies to the '85 Bears) were hated like this, too. I believe this is why this is being so overblown... I appreciate your honesty... it is good to have you on the board.

No - not being sarcastic, just honest. It's Schadenfraude - German word for taking pleasure in somebody else's suffering. Because you guys are so good and successful - any suffering that you have - gives me a little pleasure. Sorry, but that's me being honest again. I'm sure you guys feel the same way when it happens the other way.

Can you imagine the Chargers worrying about their signals getting stolen, I wonder if there's a few delay of game penalty's against the Chargers and a few times the defense dosen't get the plays called in quick enough. Can you imagine if that happens, then we find out the tape was blank and everyone starts wondering what happened. Bill will snicker and laugh at the fact everyone bought it and by effecting the Chargers, the MASTER plan worked !

Dream on. All this stuff NEVER matters to the PLAYERS who decide the game after the opening kick-off.

The Chargers have been looking forward to this game for months and will be ready to play.

Lat week is was Urlacher said this about LT, Urlacher said this about Merriman. It means nothing come Sunday.

This week it was LT joking with reporters about NE cheating and now the Chargers will be doomed because it is on the NE bulletin board.

Ya whatever. You really think this stuff means anything to the players on the field during the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes