PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steeler fan here (no smack intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, it's nice that you want to put your team up there w/ the likes of the Pats and Colts. And you guys have a pretty good team so it's conceivable that your fan base believes that. But in all seriousness, there are two contenders for the crown and none of them are based in Pittsburgh.

I hate the Steelers more than the Colts. I look at the Steelers remaining schedule and see 2 games where they'll be underdogs. You can't count them out and the Colts would do well to make sure they take care of business against the Jags before worrying about the Patriots and Steelers.

Quarterback is just too important. The Colts have a HoF QB at the height of his game. The Steelers have a nice little quarterback (and considering the dearth of quarterbacks in the league he's top 10) but nothing special.

We also know that Indy responds to big games. The last big game Big Ben played was the worst performance by a superbowl winning QB ever. We don't know how Tomlin will handle a big game until we see him in one. For instance, Cowher is going to the HoF yet seeing him on the sideline always made me feel better about winning.

The Steelers definitely have a shot, I just don't agree that they're more of a threat than Indy.

Um, it's nice that you want to put your team up there w/ the likes of the Pats and Colts. And you guys have a pretty good team so it's conceivable that your fan base believes that. But in all seriousness, there are two contenders for the crown and none of them are based in Pittsburgh.

Colts beat the Pats 3 times in a row so I don't know how you can claim that their method has been working lately. But they are the team to beat so maybe this time around their offense will be too much for the Colts. Come 11/4 we will all see what's what.

Until then, keep thinking you're in the same class as us. it's cute.
Wow, it must be nice to be able to walk it like you talk it. I mean this in all sincerity. Both NE fans and Indy fans should damn well proud of their teams.

Obviously I'm not in an assertive position right now and it hurts. Trust me.

I'm just saying, yea. You have to put the Colts above the Steelers right now. Rings aside. As we write the Colts are reigning AND they're undefeated. All things considered I do not see how the Steelers slip into the 2 position.

I haven't seen the Steelers except for bits and pieces of the Arizona game so I really don't have an opinion yet on your guys. Based on what you've seen of both teams so far what would you put the Steelers chances of coming into Foxboro in December and beating the Pats at?

To answer your question about beating you in Foxboro. Well I would feel better about things if the game was at ketchup field but I dont think we are such a bad road team that I would lose any sleep. On the other hand not many teams have success at your stadium. Obviously I want the Steelers to win the game but being realistic I would have to say Pittsburgh would have to control the clock and pray for at least 2 or 3 turnovers to pull this off. I cant say we will win but I dont think we will just let you roll over us like the Cowgirls did. Anyways here's to a great game and I truely wish you all the best.

Patriot Nation has always respected the Steelers.

Can't fault a Steelers fan for having Pitt ahead of Indy.

Even if they have a loss and Indianapolis is undefeated. I guess?

The Steelers are the most complete team that we will face the rest of the way (regular season). I think they are the only team that has a defense good enough to keep us under 30 AND an offense good enough to put up 24-27 points. I felt that way after week two and nothing has changed on that front. I truly think they are the only team that could beat us without us turning it over.

I don't understand the most "complete" team stuff. That most "complete" team lost to the Arizona Cards. ARIZONA. Yea, they're improved. But they LOST TO THE CARDINALS.

Meanwhile, the Colts are undefeated heading into Monday Night Football.

Don't get it. Just don't.

Until the Pats beat the Colts I will continue to be nervous. I guess the major concern I have is how the defense will perform especially after they got shredded a little by Dallas. Will the Pats be able to slow down that offense and will the corners perform as well as they did at the end of last season?

Until I see it I wil be nervous.

If we can lay aside our foolish desire to go "undefeated", I see nothing to be nervous about other than injuries. However, I definately want the Pats to have home field advantage through out the playoff...yeah, so I guess the Colts game gets me nervous;)

WOW. I cant believe you actually believe that. The Colts are the biggest threat to the Pats in the NFL. I'll give it to you...the Steelers are having a good year and the Pats look amazing, but if the Pats have us figured out so well...why have they lost our last 3 meetings?

Both teams(Pats and Colts) are playing top-notch football and have both improved since last year. Believe what you want, but the Colts D is much better this year than it was last year.

Scotty, are you from the ColtFreaks.com board? I've been spending a lot of time over there using the name Pats-R-Good

The Colts are the undefeated reigning Super Bowl champions, and haven't lost to the Pats in quite a while.

They're entitled to play one heck of a "no respect" hand.

Anybody who isn't concerned about the Indy game isn't thinking clearly.

The Colts are clearly the team the Patriots should fear the most. They are the team who knocked them out of the playoffs and we have to play them at their house again this year.

With all due respect to the Steelers who I believe are a good team, who have you beat so far? None of your wins are against teams who are better than .500 and none of them will make the playoffs.

The Colts have wins against Tampa and Tenn. while the Pats have beaten SD and Dallas.

My biggest fear playing Pitt is playing Balt the Monday night before.

Pitt vs SD would be an interesting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back