PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Staying Power of the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I added up the regular season records of teams who have won a SB in the 2000s using just their records after they went to their first SB.

The Patriots have a winning% since 2001 of 74%
The other teams have combined for a winning% since their first SB of 47%.

And while the Patriots have played (and won) in 2 SB after their first appearance of the decade, no other team has returned. I'm not sure any other SB participants this decade have even returned to the playoffs the following year but I am not 100% sure about that. Critics may accuse me of cherry picking years, I just used the years that ESPN had the standing for. Regardless, it is what it is and the 47% regular season winning% of non Patriot teams shows how hard it is to win year after year.

And I didn't even include our perfect playoff record in these numbers :)

dat's dominance

BelichickFan said:
I added up the regular season records of teams who have won a SB in the 2000s using just their records after they went to their first SB.

The Patriots have a winning% since 2001 of 74%
The other teams have combined for a winning% since their first SB of 47%.

And while the Patriots have played (and won) in 2 SB after their first appearance of the decade, no other team has returned. I'm not sure any other SB participants this decade have even returned to the playoffs the following year but I am not 100% sure about that. Critics may accuse me of cherry picking years, I just used the years that ESPN had the standing for. Regardless, it is what it is and the 47% regular season winning% of non Patriot teams shows how hard it is to win year after year.

And I didn't even include our perfect playoff record in these numbers :)

each regular season, patriots play 12 games against afc opponents, and the remaining 4 against nfc teams. if NE's winning percentage is that high it suggests that our boys have essentially dominated the afc. patriots beat up on afc during regular season, not to mention unbeaten against afc teams in playoffs. this decade.
i's often written that the afc is by far the stronger of the two conferences, and has been for years.
this seems cyclical to me. the conference that's down gets the top 125 or so of the 250 picks each year, over time, the talent difference tips the big seesaw the other way. and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes