PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stay Classy Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Steelers fan, I cringed when I read that. Totally unnecessary, and frankly just plain immature.

That being said, it's no secret that the majority of Steelers and their fans hate the Pats. So, it shouldn't come as a suprise that most of Steeler Nation was happy the Pats lost last night. Let's face it....if it were the Steelers playing for the Lombardi last night, how many of you would have been rooting for them? How many snarky comments would have been made on these very boards leading up to the game? It's a rivalry, and this kind of thing just comes with the territory. You hate us, we hate you....it is what it is.

HOWEVER, I do agree that as PLAYERS, these guys would be much better off just keeping their mouths shut. They, of all people, should know all TOO well what it feels like to come up short in a Super Bowl. In fact, just last year at this time. Not to mention....Tebow anyone?

Congrats on a great season, and my condolences for the loss last night. I know how it feels, and it stings. Take comfort in the fact that the Pats are a top-notch organization from top to bottom, and that alone will likely keep your team in contention for years to come. It's hard to see in the aftermath of a game like that, but it's not exactly like this was your ONE shot. The Pats will be back next year, and they'll STILL be a force to be reckoned with.

Chin up buttercups. ;)

Cheers.

didn't pitt beat NE in 2011?

and they're what? 6-2 in superbowls and NE is now 3-4?

That's correct, Pitt did beat NE in 2011. If you'll remember, though, the leadup to the game the hype was all about "Do the Patriots have Pittsburgh's Number?" because of the way NE had beaten up on the Steelers the previous two meetings.

Can't dispute the Steelers' greatness over the generations, and that overall Super Bowl record is enviable. But, since the turn of the century (since the post you responded to mentioned "recent history"), the Steelers' two SB wins have come when they didn't have to beat the Patriots in the post-season. NE has beaten Pitt twice in AFCCG this century — both times in Pittsburgh.

Times like this, yeah it pisses me off, but it's great to see all the players/fans who are still butthurt from the times we've owned them.

Let them get their shots in and absorb the lumps. We will have our moment and we will get the last laugh, keep the faith.

didn't pitt beat NE in 2011?

and they're what? 6-2 in superbowls and NE is now 3-4?

If you knew how Steeler fans/players act in comparison to Patriots fans you'll see which fan base/team has the inferiority complex. I'm from western PA I know many Steeler fans, I've seen my facebook newsfeed after our SB losses. They act like they've won a championship that night, they cheered when Brady tore his ACL. . We own their soul, likely won't change until they beat us in a game that matters.

Last edited:
If you knew how Steeler fans/players act in comparison to Patriots fans you'll see which fan base/team has the inferiority complex. I'm from western PA I know many Steeler fans, I've seen my facebook newsfeed after our SB losses. They act like they've won a championship that night, they cheered when Brady tore his ACL. . We own their soul, likely won't change until they beat us in a game that matters.

While I can certainly understand how your Facebook newsfeed was blowing up with Pats jabs last night, let's be clear on something. You Pats fans are no different, and certainly no better. Had the shoe been on the other foot, there would be plenty of Steeler bashing coming from the direction of Pats fans. As I said in my previous post, there's a rivalry between these two teams, and this kind of thing comes with the territory. I know you all are sick of the Spygate talk. Honestly, I'm sick of it too. Unfortunately, it happened and living with the backlash is part of the consequences. The same can be said of Ben's alleged indiscretions. Steeler fans are plenty sick of hearing about that as well, but we all know that when push comes to shove in a debate about the Steelers, the "Ben Rapistberger" thing will be the cheap shot that is inevitably used, the desperate kick to the gnads so to speak. There's not a damn thing we can do about it. We have to live with it, just as you all must live with Spygate. It's unfortunate that these two issues have to continue to be brought up, as in my opinion at least, it's the cheap route to take in any debate. With greatness comes haters though, and the haters will take any ammo they can get.

It really has nothing to do with anyone owning anyone's soul. We love it when you lose. You love it when we lose. I'm sure I can find PLENTY of posts right here at PatsFans to prove my point, but I think you already get the point.

While I can certainly understand how your Facebook newsfeed was blowing up with Pats jabs last night, let's be clear on something. You Pats fans are no different, and certainly no better. Had the shoe been on the other foot, there would be plenty of Steeler bashing coming from the direction of Pats fans. As I said in my previous post, there's a rivalry between these two teams, and this kind of thing comes with the territory. I know you all are sick of the Spygate talk. Honestly, I'm sick of it too. Unfortunately, it happened and living with the backlash is part of the consequences. The same can be said of Ben's alleged indiscretions. Steeler fans are plenty sick of hearing about that as well, but we all know that when push comes to shove in a debate about the Steelers, the "Ben Rapistberger" thing will be the cheap shot that is inevitably used, the desperate kick to the gnads so to speak. There's not a damn thing we can do about it. We have to live with it, just as you all must live with Spygate. It's unfortunate that these two issues have to continue to be brought up, as in my opinion at least, it's the cheap route to take in any debate. With greatness comes haters though, and the haters will take any ammo they can get.

It really has nothing to do with anyone owning anyone's soul. We love it when you lose. You love it when we lose. I'm sure I can find PLENTY of posts right here at PatsFans to prove my point, but I think you already get the point.

I agree with you up to a point. And it is difficult to lump entire fanbases into a single generalization, as a vocal minority can tend to be portrayed as a generalization for all that cheer for that team.

That being said, do you think the percentage of Steeler fans that cheered for Brady's knee injury was more, less, or equal to Pats fans that may have done the same with Ben's ankle injury?

Do you think the percentage of Steeler fans on forums like Steelers Fever, Steelers Universe, etc., that are preoccupied with the Pats is more, less or equal to the percentage of Pats fans that are preoccupied with the Steelers?

Do you think the percentage of Steeler fans that slur the Pats, Belichick and Brady is more, less or equal to the percentage of Pats fans that do the same to the Steelers, Ben, and Harrison?

Do you think if the Steelers had made it to the Super Bowl and lost yesterday that Patriot players would have made disparaging comments on twitter like Harrison and Clark did?

I agree with you up to a point. And it is difficult to lump entire fanbases into a single generalization, as a vocal minority can tend to be portrayed as a generalization for all that cheer for that team.

That being said, do you think the percentage of Steeler fans that cheered for Brady's knee injury was more, less, or equal to Pats fans that may have done the same with Ben's ankle injury?

Do you think the percentage of Steeler fans on forums like Steelers Fever, Steelers Universe, etc., that are preoccupied with the Pats is more, less or equal to the percentage of Pats fans that are preoccupied with the Steelers?

Do you think the percentage of Steeler fans that slur the Pats, Belichick and Brady is more, less or equal to the percentage of Pats fans that do the same to the Steelers, Ben, and Harrison?

Do you think if the Steelers had made it to the Super Bowl and lost yesterday that Patriot players would have made disparaging comments on twitter like Harrison and Clark did?

My answer to all of your questions above is EQUAL. I say this, in part, because I've spent a great deal of time here on YOUR boards and have seen it from both sides of the fence, so to speak. Our fanbases dislike for each other is pretty equal in my opinion. For the record, the whole "Steelers fans rejoicing over Brady's injury" thing is over-done. In my experience, the folks cheering about it were the overwhelming MINORITY. But of course, as you alluded to, a few rotten apples can spoil the whole barrel.

The only EXCEPTION is your last question. I don't believe that any Pats players would have tweeted comments like Harrison or Clark did after a Steelers SB loss. They likely would have THOUGHT plenty of them, but I agree that I can't think of too many players on your squad that would have tweeted it publically.

And as I stated in an earlier post in this thread, I think it's ridiculous that Harrison and Clark did so. I even posted my thoughts on it in a Steelers forum, although I'm sure my opinion won't be well-received. I'm also fairly certain that the Rooneys and the Steelers coaching staff would likely agree with me.

It's one thing for a FAN to be running their mouth after a rivals loss in the SB, but as a player, they should show a little more discipline and keep their thoughts to themselves in my opinion.

Players from a team saying disparaging things about another team goes directly to the way the organization is run.

The Pats organization has a standard that is top shelf. Even when Wes Welker poked fun jokingly at Rex Ryan in his "feet" press conference he was benched for the opening series of the Jets game.

When you think "Classy" you don't think Steelers, thats for sure...:rocker:

I don't really care what some Steeler players say but there are members of the "mainstream" media who are saying the same thing. That bothers me.

Meanwhile, these were seen in the Steelers' practice facility...

FoldingWalker.jpg

Polyfly.jpg

Portable-Oxygen-300x300.jpg

It's always nice to hear from Dr. Rydze's former clients on the Steelers. Someone should tweet this to Harrison and Clark: Pittsburgh Steelers 0-1 since HGH testing.

Yeah, the Steelers need to stop. Seriously! They haven't beaten the Pats in a must win game in over 10+ years, so they are irrelevant. They lost to Tebow and the Broncos for crying out loud as the overwhelming favorite.

Shocking...two complete morons talking smack.

Now if it was Ben or the Hair or Brett K, it would be shocking.

Screw these pos cheap shot idiots.

Yeah, the Steelers need to stop. Seriously! They haven't beaten the Pats in a must win game in over 10+ years, so they are irrelevant. They lost to Tebow and the Broncos for crying out loud as the overwhelming favorite.

Those comments were unfortunate, to say the least. There should be a licensing requirement for Twitter accounts and players :(

I hardly think we've been "irrelevant" though, our losses to the Pats in '01 and '04 notwithstanding.

Dane Fletcher is on it (I think):

Hilarious how some people judge others, calling them "cheaters" when they are amongst the top in the league for dirty plays #growup

As far as Harrison goes, he's just sore because he's still waiting for that call from the President for a visit to the White house when they don't win the Super Bowl. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back