Status on Alfonzo Dennard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

51Hits

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything?

He was on the exercise bike, which I will take as a good thing

I saw him doing sprints on the sideline...seemed like a good sign.

Please be OK.

Peyton Manning will light Arrington up like a Menorah if he is going to start at CB.

I can't believe Arrington is still on the damn team. I thought they released him a while ago. I'm scared of our secondary. Dennard and Talib... that's all we got. If any of them goes down, we're screwed.

If he isn't 100% by the POs that'll be the biggest loss in this game. If he could've played towards the end of the game the Pats might've even pulled out the W; for every bit good Arrington is in the slot he's bad outside.

If he isn't 100% by the POs that'll be the biggest loss in this game. If he could've played towards the end of the game the Pats might've even pulled out the W; for every bit good Arrington is in the slot he's bad outside.

Agree , its i do not blame arrington that our FO did not have a another outside cb. He does good inside. even in the SB he kept cruz in check in most part. I think outside he is not good .

Cole is a Spl teamer who comes in as a 4th CB. i think he is not good enough to put outside.i would i preferred slipping mccoutry there and putting chung/wilson as S at that point.

Last edited:
Based on his actions in the second half it seems like he'll be fine for the playoffs. I don't really care if we see him the next two weeks. We are one CB (for depth) short; as much as McCourtey has solidifed the Safety spot if this happens again I might put him out at CB. Regardless, we need to be healthy with the DBs in the playoffs and this is an issue for next year especially if Talib doesn't return.

Agree , its i do not blame arrington that our FO did not have a another outside cb. He does good inside. even in the SB he kept cruz in check in most part. I think outside he is not good .

Cole is a Spl teamer who comes in as a 4th CB. i think he is not good enough to put outside.i would i preferred slipping mccoutry there and putting chung/wilson as S at that point.

2 points:

1 - Ras-I should've been that guy you're looking for. The FO has tried, and will keep trying. I think we can agree that the FO did a fair job of bringing Talib in - remember how bad it was... imagine how bad it would've been last night if they hadn't. Credit to them where it's due.

2 - You can debate where to put McCourty all you like, but we've seen Wilson and Chung as a safety pairing earlier in the year and it's ugly. 2 bad safeties on the field is a major handicap in pass defense. It's really just a choice between bad and worse.

Talib better come back. He's proven to very effective in coverage and the best thing we have in the secondary. McCourty is playing well at Safety. I love him there.

Arrington has to be in the slot because he absolutely SUCKS on the outside. As soon as Dennard went down, I saw that coming. Dennard is good and I'm glad we got him as a rookie as a steal. We need to draft more like him.

I don't really care for Chung any longer. Either way, our defense still showed signs of getting better last night. For the most part, they kept us in the game early when it could've been ugly and managed to get 3 consecutive 3-and-outs allowing Brady and co. to score 4 times straight. We'll be there for the playoffs, on the road or not.

God I miss Gronk.

Arrington has to be in the slot because he absolutely SUCKS on the outside. As soon as Dennard went down, I saw that coming. Dennard is good and I'm glad we got him as a rookie as a steal. We need to draft more like him.

From what i saw the 49ers plan was to go after dennard. i am confused when you claim that as soon as Dennard went down the problem started.

Kap was chucking it to dennard side even before that , including the TD to moss and when they moved Talib to cover moss they went to carbtree.

How sad is it that we're depending on a 7th round rookie to fix the starting CB spot?

How sad is it that we're depending on a 7th round rookie to fix the starting CB spot?

Less sad to me than using guys with weird numbers on their jerseys for defensive backfielders - #80 & #11 come to mind.

He really was rated alot higher but dropped in the draft due to character issues I believe. But you knew that.

He was a steal !! :D

From what i saw the 49ers plan was to go after dennard. i am confused when you claim that as soon as Dennard went down the problem started.

Kap was chucking it to dennard side even before that , including the TD to moss and when they moved Talib to cover moss they went to carbtree.

Did the Pats actually move Talib? It seemed like the 49ers started to line up Crabtree on Arrington's side to me. I forget who was covering Crabtree on his 1st TD, but it did feel like he became a big part of the 49ers game after Dennard left the game. All of this could be skewed by the missed tackle on the last TD that looked like a play that Dennard would make.

Arrington has to be in the slot because he absolutely SUCKS on the outside. As soon as Dennard went down, I saw that coming.

It's too bad the coaching staff didn't.

I don't want to see another 7-man blitz putting a JAG 1-on-1 with a #1 receiver ever again. Fricking heck.

True, they were going after him as Talib is the more seasoned CB and better at the moment but either way, Dennard plays much better than Arrington. Yes, Dennard let up some big plays but he also made a few good play as well, specifically the "almost" interception but nonetheless, a good breakup for a potential TD.

Arrington.... never. That would've been a PI each time.

Did the Pats actually move Talib? It seemed like the 49ers started to line up Crabtree on Arrington's side to me. I forget who was covering Crabtree on his 1st TD, but it did feel like he became a big part of the 49ers game after Dennard left the game. All of this could be skewed by the missed tackle on the last TD that looked like a play that Dennard would make.

You are right they moved Moss over and let crabtree work on dennard.
kyle was also the corner when they shut them down 4 times in a row. All it takes is 1 bad play to show. so i feel unfair to say , you played in 4 drives where we shut them good but because of the one play where you jumped a slant we are going to kill you. what if kap threw a slant and kyle jumping leads to a pick 6.

kyle was also the corner when they shut them down 4 times in a row. All it takes is 1 bad play to show. so i feel unfair to say , you played in 4 drives where we shut them good but because of the one play where you jumped a slant we are going to kill you. what if kap threw a slant and kyle jumping leads to a pick 6.

I understand your point and as I mentioned in another thread, I think the defense all around played okay and really kept the game close for the most part. But its just we're so used to seeing this with Arrington. I understand a big play here and there, it happens to everyone but I huge whif like that for a TD in that particular moment.... classic Arrington play.

Fair enough. For the record I like Arrington on this team, but I get uneasy when he plays outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes