PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Statement Regarding Moss...Via Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Statement Regarding Moss..Via Reiss

Well, apparently she was well enough to communicate with her attorney, which I presume means she would be well enough to, if she wasn't able to drive herself to seek medical care, to, I dunno, contact someone who could take her? :bricks:

Yeah, like an ambulance perhaps? They're just going to string this along until Moss and his lawyer get tired enough to throw nuisance money at it.

Last edited:

Why? Are you saying you buy all of this without proof?

Do I buy that two consenting adults in the privacy of the home might have enjoyed a little alcohol or weed before doing the dirty? Yes, I do. Do I believe that this lawyer is attempting to try the case in the media so as to extract a quick settlement...you betcha, and I don't need "proof" of either.

This is the entire point. There is no "beyond a reasonable doubt" barrier for that hearing. The judge just has to hear enough to believe that there is a chance this woman is in danger from Moss. They can say whatever they want without the burden of proof, unless their story just doesn't make any sense.

Actually, she has the burden of proving all of the elements of the statute. You're right that the standard is not "beyond a reasonable doubt." She has to show a "preponderance of the evidence."

It's still a real burden of proof. Judges will issue temporary 15 day restraining orders at the drop of a hat. A permanent injunction is a much bigger deal. People have the constitutional right to go where they want to go in this country, and a restraining order impinges on that right. This is why you are entitled to a full due process hearing with the other side having the burden of proof before a permanent restraining order can be issued against you.

He lost me at, calling to offer 6figures for a finger accident! This is so laughable!

Why the hell can't people just be adults and sort things out themselves without the media or lawyers etc. so pathetic.

Why the hell can't people just be adults and sort things out themselves without the media or lawyers etc. so pathetic.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited:

This may be a stupid question, but does this really matter? She's not suing him for anything, she just wants a restraining order, right? So, technically, he doesn't even need to fight this. He only needs to do anything if he wants to clear his name.

Now, she doesn't even have enough money for medical insurance and she wants to get into a legal battle with a guy who can pay for a top notch legal team vs her ambulance chaser atty? She gets dumber by the minute.

A restraining order is always taken out for future considerations. It is a
standard legal ploy for the 'victim's' lawyer. This has all the trappings of a
typical money grab in civil court. It's called victim 101 and is taught by
the American BAR Association. Friggin' lawyers... :enranged:

How convenient aka Lawyer Speak
Mr. Moss may have difficulty recalling the events of that evening (insert insinuation of drug/drink use) yet Mr. Moss was coherent enough to have held the extortionist under his control to the point where she could never bust out of her own house to call the police or go to a hospital that day.
Never forget one VEEEEEEERY important FACT here.
She never filed a criminal complaint.

Because then they couldn't make money that way.:mad:

Do I buy that two consenting adults in the privacy of the home might have enjoyed a little alcohol or weed before doing the dirty? Yes, I do. Do I believe that this lawyer is attempting to try the case in the media so as to extract a quick settlement...you betcha, and I don't need "proof" of either.

I agree. It MAY have happened but I'm not ready to say this is how it did go down like you seemed to be when you claimed it would get unnecessarily ugly and hit Moss big time in the wallet.

How convenient aka Lawyer Speak
Mr. Moss may have difficulty recalling the events of that evening (insert insinuation of drug/drink use) yet Mr. Moss was coherent enough to have held the extortionist under his control to the point where she could never bust out of her own house to call the police or go to a hospital that day.
Never forget one VEEEEEEERY important FACT here.
She never filed a criminal complaint.

I agree with you, but your point is seriously flawed.

I agree. It MAY have happened but I'm not ready to say this is how it did go down like you seemed to be when you claimed it would get unnecessarily ugly and hit Moss big time in the wallet.

You're missing the point. Whether it actually happened, or whether there is any "proof" of it happening are irrelevant. It's been reported, there will be allegations thrown around in court, and it will undoubtedly affect him both in terms of a financial settlement and in the upcoming free agency process.

You stay classy!

You're missing the point. Whether it actually happened, or whether there is any "proof" of it happening are irrelevant. It's been reported, there will be allegations thrown around in court, and it will undoubtedly affect him both in terms of a financial settlement and in the upcoming free agency process.

Doesn't that mean it's more likely he'll re-sign in New England, where he has the 100% support of the coach? :)

"First thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

**** the Butcher, in
King Henry VI Part 2, Act 4, Scene ii

Doesn't that mean it's more likely he'll re-sign in New England, where he has the 100% support of the coach? :)

I think it does. I think it will hurt HIM, not US.

"rendered Ms. Washington unable to drive her vehicle"

sounds like she went through a hell of an ordeal.

Oh boy that achy finger must have made it impossible for her to drive herself, particularly since the x-rays came up NEGATIVE! Oh lordy, how monstrous. :p

If anyone hasn't already, listen to Harry Manion's interview on WEEI. This case is going nowhere. No police report. No serious injury. Civil Battery and a mutual restraining order is the worst that is going to happen, and that verdict could months to be reached.

It's a good thing he stood firm and didn't buckle for a shakedown.

They're making an awful lot of theater for what's only a restraining order hearing...

When I see BSO presenting a warrant arresting, then I'll get excited. Until then, she's just another ho digging for gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes