PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Statement from Patriots on taping story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The Patriots have just issued a statement regarding a story in the Boston Herald that alleged they videotaped the Rams walkthrough the day before Super Bowl XXXVI: “The suggestion that the New England Patriots recorded the St. Louis Rams’ walkthrough on the day before Super Bowl XXXVI in 2002 is absolutely false. Any suggestion to [...]

More...

Good for them. If Mr. Walsh has some videos he can try to show that they were taken by direction of the Patriots and not of his own choosing - then he can show that it's not stolen property.

Is there any actual hard news other than guessing to suggest it's Walsh?

If it was Walsh, Tomasse should be ok, but if it's someone flakier than that, he (and his editor) better take cover.

just think about all the people who saw the taping story that will never see that statement. it makes me sick.
they could come out with a story about belichick raping the ball boy, and then a day later quietly say it was untrue, but the nation would still believe it. aaarrgh!

Sounds very clear, concise, and definite to me.

Glad that our FO came out with this strong denial; hopefully it puts a stop to this 'story' and let the media and fans focus back on the SB.

just think about all the people who saw the taping story that will never see that statement. it makes me sick.
they could come out with a story about belichick raping the ball boy, and then a day later quietly say it was untrue, but the nation would still believe it. aaarrgh!
Who cares what they think? They will think what they want to think, and they will believe what suits them. It doesn't matter what anyone says or does.

The thing about Tomase's story that has bugged me is that he never stated that he had any evidence that the taping was done with the knowledge and direction of BB. Also, there is no evidence that alleged tape was ever used by the Patriots.

Just take an allegation and run with it.:mad:

Love it. This makes Thomase have to come up with blatant proof. The Pats have bluntly denied all allegations. They've left the door open for someone to step up and speak the truth. If there is any truth, we'll see it. I wont be surprised in the least if this story "suddenly" goes away now.

The thing about Tomase's story that has bugged me is that he never stated that he had any evidence that the taping was done with the knowledge and direction of BB. Also, there is no evidence that alleged tape was ever used by the Patriots.

How come your little guy isn't pissing on the giant helmet? You aren,t turning into GiantNutMe are you?

To tell you the truth, anything about sypgate gets a little more then a glimpse from me, so if I missed something........ So almost a full season goes by without any additional news on the Pats filming an opponent, and then, a day or two before the Superbowl and surprise, I've got film! Sounds like he's in a *********** with Arlan Spector.

The cover up is always the worse than the crime, so I hope the Pats are being truthful here and that there's no tape that's going to turn up and make Goodell throw a fit.

Now, time to kill the Giants! Less than 24 hrs away...

Tomase and the Herald were irresponsible running this story before they had something more than, "the source."

Pats fans should cancel any subscriptions they may still have to that cage liner.

And we should believe the Patriots because .... ?

Well, you shouldn't, of course. A fan of an opposing team (who isn't very bright to begin with) is of course going to believe the unnamed "source". It makes TOTAL sense!

Now get back to your letter to Santa.

Because we're pats fans posting/reading from a pats fans' website.

The evidence/allegations are just as shady as the spygate incident that you have based a lot of your hate on this board around.

Not much activity on the buffalo boards today, though, I guess.

Last edited:

You definitely shouldn't. Why? Because the media is always right? Right? You just have to trust in those unnamed sources, because they always end up being accurate and truthful. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down