PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Statement from Bill Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the Commissioner acknowledged, our use of sideline video had no impact on the outcome of last week’s game.

F You, jets.

Now lets go win the Super Bowl and shut the rest of the league up once and for all. We're out for blood this Sunday night, I can feel it.

Oustanding. I would expect no less from our legendary coach.

" I also apologize to Patriots fans and would like to thank them for their support during the past few days and throughout my career."
____________________________________-

He just righted THAT ship at least as opposed to yesterday's initial apology.

That was nice, but I would have preferred that he named each of us one by one. This reference to "fans" struck me as a bit lazy.

By the way, THIS sentence will be the one that is parsed by linguists across the nation over the next few days:

"We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress."

THIS, I think, may be the point of contention in the difference between BB's understanding of the rule and Goodell's. Perhaps BB thought taping cannot happen DURING A PLAY, BUT CAN BEFORE A SNAP? Who knows? I guess many will now try to define "game in progress" and "competitive advantage". The plot thickens.

That statement is hilarious. Bill is no sell out; he won't cave in to the masses of keyboard-mashing drones who sit in newsrooms across the land demanding that he kneel before them so as to be moralized upon.

Rock on, Bill. Rock the F on. :rocker:

As Gerald Ford once said, "Our long national nightmare is now over"...

Is it Sunday night yet???

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant! Nice way to say his piece, give a "my bad" to the fans, tell the Jets they got their ***es kicked fairly, and stick it to the media whore all at the same time. Love it! Belichick continues to take a dump on the media and they deserve every bit of it!

Let me boil down what Belichick said: "The commissioner agrees with me that we didn't cheat. Basically, I made a boneheaded move and broke a technocratic, bureaucratic, unwieldy rule that doesn't matter a whit in terms of winning football games [left unsaid but implied by his trademark smirk is that the whole thing is just a big joke]."

How can you not LOVE this man?

The media is already getting sick over this "what, that's it?"

Compare to the heart wrenching soul searching novella Peter King suggested he deliver. Now he's just going to come to the podium and say "you all got my statement right? Ok, on to the Chargers. Questions?"

It's such an utter thing of beauty!

Patjew...i think i was more "arrogant " :rocker: then lazy

Completely gutless, instead of standing in front of the music like a man he sends a faceless statement.

This is classic Belichick, Go Pats.

I am going to stencil this on my Pats t-shirt:

We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress.

Great statement. Let's crush the Chargers.

Good.The press will hate it,as some have said ,too bad.They will want to try to squeeze out as much humiliation as they can,of course,but he wont buy into it.At the same time he does accept responsibility.As Jackie Childs would say"Lets move on!".

By the way, THIS sentence will be the one that is parsed by linguists across the nation over the next few days:

Shmessy, I also recognized this sentence as key and intentionally cryptic, and this is what I think he means:

They videotape the sideline hand calls, but do not look at them until after the game. If this is true, then this entire punishment is a HUGE embarassment on the league and a complete joke. And all the mediots and fans can apologize for the wild assumptions they've made.

Last edited:

"We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress."

THIS, I think, may be the point of contention in the difference between BB's understanding of the rule and Goodell's. Perhaps BB thought taping cannot happen DURING A PLAY, BUT CAN BEFORE A SNAP? Who knows? But this sentence might hold the key to the misunderstanding.

While the game is in progress can just as easily refer to the start of the game until the end of the game.

mort says this statement is unacceptable and not acted in contrition and will be a lot of -ve reaction from around the league.

The media will hate it. So good. They can f*ck off.

He apologized to the fans....so can we end all the threads talking about how he should?

Yes he apologized to the fans. Without the fans he and his boss would not have an NFL team. Mighty big of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back