PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

State of the Patriots 3/3/07 - looking solid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
AWESOME BABY!!!!!

Take a moment and reflect a little here, please consider, it is only day two of the "off season" and these New england patriots have stunned the football world with a smart, fast concise well thought out and executed plan of attack, contrast our approach to that of say the Redskins or the hapless Bills:

A) Adalius Thomas The premier defensive free agent - assuming it happens (I am 99.99% certain, but need final conf>)

B) Kyle Brady Solves the "blocking TE" void and the guy IS a decent pass catching TE - brings experience for Watson, Thomas and Mills. I loved Graham, but, NE still has the best TE group in football IMHO (name a better one).

C) Sammy Morris BB/SP have wanted him for a while, VERY good ST player and is excellent at blitz recognition and pick up. Decent back up - I look for rookie here to possibly displace him though.

D) Asante Sameul Franchised, we are safe.

E) Tenders & re signings so far: Gay, Baker, Evans, Mruzkowski & Yates

AND it is ONLY day TWO of free agency AND the draft awaits, lest anyone forget we have TWO #'1's and a gang of other choices to address back up and future needs.

F) Extensions Look for key extensions later on this off season as I would love to see Wilson, Warren and other 2008 FA's addressed early on if it works out for both sides.

Troy Brown Look around Troy...one more year.....please!!

Think about how awful last years "offseason" was in comparison and be excited - be VERY excited everyone.

Could there possibly be a better franchise to follow in the NFL??

:singing: :rocker: :D :) :wooho

All we know on Morris is that he visited us yesterday, I'd like to see him sign.

Last edited:
AWESOME BABY!!!!!

B) Kyle Brady Solves the "blocking TE" void and the guy IS a decent pass catching TE - brings experience for Watson, Thomas and Mills. I loved Graham, but, NE still has the best TE group in football IMHO (name a better one).
Great post. But I'm not sure if I'm ready to put Watson Mills or Thomas in the HOF yet. I was dissapointed with the Watson fumbles all year.

Last edited:
things sound very possative. we didnt lack much to put us over the hump! now we may have it?

IN BILL WE TRUST:singing:

Super happy about Thomas, Happy about Brady... But will be very satisfied if we bring in a big name WR....

AWESOME BABY!!!!!

Take a moment and reflect a little here, please consider, it is only day two of the "off season" and these New england patriots have stunned the football world with a smart, fast concise well thought out and executed plan of attack, contrast our approach to that of say the Redskins or the hapless Bills:

A) Adalius Thomas The premier defensive free agent - assuming it happens (I am 99.99% certain, but need final conf>)

C) Sammy Morris BB/SP have wanted him for a while, VERY good ST player and is excellent at blitz recognition and pick up. Decent back up - I look for rookie here to possibly displace him though.

D) Asante Sameul Franchised, we are safe.

E) Tenders & re signings so far: Gay, Baker, Evans, Mruzkowski & Yates

AND it is ONLY day TWO of free agency AND the draft awaits, lest anyone forget we have TWO #'1's and a gang of other choices to address back up and future needs.

F) Extensions Look for key extensions later on this off season as I would love to see Wilson, Warren and other 2008 FA's addressed early on if it works out for both sides.

Troy Brown Look around Troy...one more year.....please!!

Think about how awful last years "offseason" was in comparison and be excited - be VERY excited everyone.

Could there possibly be a better franchise to follow in the NFL??

:singing: :rocker: :D :) :wooho

Just as a point of clarification, Warren is not a free agent until March 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes