PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Start/Sit - Week 4

37Harrison

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Another week, another win! I am now 2-1 in my league, thanks to those who have given opinions to my dilemmas. :rocker:

This weeks dilemma... WR's
I have 3 spots with one filled, one of my consistent starters is out this week (Ward) with a knee sprain. So which 2 WR's would you start this week out of these 3 choices?

Bobby Engram vs SF - With Branch the #1 guy, he will more than likely get Nate Clements attention freeing up Engram and Burleson.

Dwayne Bowe vs SD - SD's secondary is VERY suspect (ranked 26th) and their D as a whole isn't playing well. Bowe is now the #1 WR for the Chiefs and is getting more and more looks from Huard by the week. Bowe scored 2 TD's last week and LJ should force the Chargers to focus on the run.

Darrell Jackson vs Sea - Jackson is the niners #1 target but their offense has been anemic and A Smith is looking very pedestrian. Seattles pass D is ranked 14th in the league and D Jack hasn't exactly done anything to this point.

Thanks for any and all input!

Another week, another win! I am now 2-1 in my league, thanks to those who have given opinions to my dilemmas. :rocker:

I have 3 spots with one filled, one of my consistent starters is out this week (Ward) with a knee sprain. So which 2 WR's would you start this week out of these 3 choices?

Bobby Engram vs SF - With Branch the #1 guy, he will more than likely get Nate Clements attention freeing up Engram and Burleson.

Dwayne Bowe vs SD - SD's secondary is VERY suspect (ranked 26th) and their D as a whole isn't playing well. Bowe is now the #1 WR for the Chiefs and is getting more and more looks from Huard by the week. Bowe scored 2 TD's last week and LJ should force the Chargers to focus on the run.

Darrell Jackson vs Sea - Jackson is the niners #1 target but their offense has been anemic and A Smith is looking very pedestrian. Seattles pass D is ranked 14th in the league and D Jack hasn't exactly done anything to this point.

Barf. I'd pick Bowe and DJax only because they are the #1 WRs on their teams and likely will get the most targets. I wouldn't overanalyze the matchups amongst this group too much.

Regards,
Chris

Barf. I'd pick Bowe and DJax only because they are the #1 WRs on their teams and likely will get the most targets. I wouldn't overanalyze the matchups amongst this group too much.

Regards,
Chris

Those are the two guys that I have starting right now. I know, they aren't the greatest choices but there really isn't anyone else to choose from. Besides, I have Gates as my TE and he really makes up for any lack of production.

Thanks for your opinion.

I wouldn't start any reciever that has Alex Smith throwing to them.

I wouldn't start any reciever that has Alex Smith throwing to them.

I won't be anymore. Bobby Engram is more consitent than D Jax.

Bowe on the other hand was an unbelievable upgrade for me. I hope he can continue on this upward trend! :rocker:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back