Welcome to PatsFans.com

Start a new forum on Spygate

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by bevster, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bevster

bevster PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Moderators, please consider starting a new forum (like the draft forum) dealing with spygate issues. A sub forum.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  2. the Patriot

the Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, then they win.
  3. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

please do so
  4. tombonneau

tombonneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think this is the best idea I've read in 2008. It should be done immediately. And I'm saying this as a person who wants to stay up-to-date on SG08 and check in on things. Just don't need it diluting the main forum.
  5. JaxPats

JaxPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

PAHLEESE!!! I'm so sick of hearing, seeing, and reading this crap. If you want to kill this forum PAHLEEASE move this and take this suggestion. I have had it!!! If I want to read it , I'll go there. We can't do anything about it ok? Please do something.
  6. JoePats

JoePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You have the ability to choose what threads you want to click on. Just like you have the ability to choose what tv shows you watch and radio shows you listen to. There are plenty of threads on other topics, but this is a relevant one.

Just my 2 cents.
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Yeah ... call it the "Outhouse" ... most of the stuff is crap anyways.
  8. nittanylions52

nittanylions52 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't have the ability to control what threads are dominating the front page, though. None of the arguments are new. Make a subforum for people who want to continue to swear at Specter.
  9. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Concur

10. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Not if they are quickly dropped on the first couple of pages by this redundant crap. Posters are starting upwards of 25-30 redundant or overlapping threads a day on this topic, some with information, some with hystrionics, lots with troll participation, several that get hijacked into redundancy, ad nauseum. Mods are not merging them, they aren't monitoring trolling of them, they are apparently AWOL or on coffee break.

No one is saying the issue isn't relevant. It's just not the only issue and facets of it now have little to do with football. I suggested a sticky this AM, but folks are afraid they will miss the latest update if everything gets lumped into one giant sticky thread.

This isn't about limiting anyone's right to read or discuss any topic they choose. It's about managing the board so that it doesn't become overwhelmed with one topic and there is some room left for actual football discussion as deadlines and FA and the Combine and lots of other items of interest unfold over the next week to ten days. It's the same reason that the draft and religion and politics and baseball and trolls...I mean visitors have subforums here, so they don't make the main board unreadable for the majority of fans who still actually care about actual Patriots football discussion.
  11. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +75 / 3 / -0

Count me in amongst those who want a spygate forum so I can avoid all this shyt. I'm exhausted of it.
  12. Calhoun44

Calhoun44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

This is a great idea I like the idea of sub-forums in general. And this spygate stuff is really bumping too many other threads off the first page.
  13. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Not going to happen. It's in the news.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.