PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Star Telegram Piece - funny funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I can't stand Peter King, but this line from MMQB made me laugh:

Quote of the Week I

"They're a good team. I wouldn't say they're the best.''

-- Dallas wide receiver Terrell Owens, after New England, not the best team in his eyes, put 48 points up on his club, the formerly 5-0 Cowboys, at Texas Stadium on Sunday. What a weird, weird dude.

Why not ask TO "Just who IS the best then?"

TO is a moron. He was so hoping he would be able to be the focal point of a Dallas upset of the Pats so he could show up his teammates with his pathological need for attention. The only way he can get the attention now (while deflecting attention to the fact, that he has had two subpar games in a row) is to trash the Patriots.

Oh no, the best quote is Roy Williams claiming "that just because we couldn't stop them on third down doesn't mean we're not a good defense." Roy, please tell me you don't have any children at home... :D

Hey, Clayton is reporting that TO was seen yelling at Romo yesterday.

Did anyone else see this on film or hear about it from anyone else? Clayton does not say "yesterday" to clarify when TO actually yelled, but it seems that it happened yesterday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3063919

TO is great to have around. He is such a good bad guy. I hate him just like a villain. And, you gotta have characters like that around. Those glasses yesterday were great. But I'll tell ya, the Boys look Shell Shocked. That was just priceless if you ask me.

Wade was Befuddled, and Bewildered in that presser.

Yeah. I gotta admit that is pretty funny. The thing to watch out for is the tailspin A lot of teams in the past that get crushed by the Pats tend to spiral downwards. If the Cowboys can maintain an even keel, and try to learn from their whupping, they still have a chance to be good. If they let this affect them. Well, it could get even uglier in Dallas.

Hey, Clayton is reporting that TO was seen yelling at Romo yesterday.

Did anyone else see this on film or hear about it from anyone else? Clayton does not say "yesterday" to clarify when TO actually yelled, but it seems that it happened yesterday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3063919

TO is great to have around. He is such a good bad guy. I hate him just like a villain. And, you gotta have characters like that around. Those glasses yesterday were great. But I'll tell ya, the Boys look Shell Shocked. That was just priceless if you ask me.

Wade was Befuddled, and Bewildered in that presser.

I think it was Chris Mortensen who said yesterday before the game that eventhough the cameras only caught TO showing signs of support for Romo against Buffalo, his sources said TO doled out an equal amount of complaining to Romo that he wasn't getting him the ball enough.

I think Paul Perillo said it best on WEEI's morning pregame show, TO is a powder keg ready to explode..... and probably will by the end of the season.

And they wonder why Bill refuses to play fast and loose with the local mediots. It's because when you do they just throw it all back in your face when it doesn't work...

"They are an outstanding team with tremendous matchup problems for any defense."

Oh, let's not drag the Colts into this. No one can argue that covering receivers Moss, Donté Stallworth and Wes Welker, often at the same time, doesn't present a formidable challenge.

But the mantra that was chanted all week at Valley Ranch was how the Cowboys' defense planned to mount a daylong assault on quarterback Tom Brady. There would be blitzes, it seemed. Cleverly disguised coverages. Perhaps some party hats. LOL

Yet, by the end of the day, Brady had thrown for five touchdowns. The Patriots were 11-of-17 on third down, and on two of those occasions they came back and converted on fourth down. New England was rumored to have punted twice."

A good HC's rule of thumb is don't make promises you can't necessarily keep.

Last edited:
I think it was Chris Mortensen who said yesterday before the game that eventhough the cameras only caught TO showing signs of support for Romo against Buffalo, his sources said TO doled out an equal amount of complaining to Romo that he wasn't getting him the ball enough.

I think Paul Perillo said it best on WEEI's morning pregame show, TO is a powder keg ready to explode..... and probably will by the end of the season.

I do recall at one point they showed Randy on the sidelines smiling and conversing with a couple of teamates and then cut to TO who was having a more one sided conversation with a coach who could have been their OC.

Incredibly harsh stuff. Dallas reporters are tough. I think it's a bit over the top, on Wilson especially. His team put together a 5-0 start, and were a team that hung with the Patriots into the third quarter, making Brady look uncomfortable at times, and he has lots of reasons to feel upbeat about the future, even if not about the game.

Yeah. I gotta admit that is pretty funny. The thing to watch out for is the tailspin A lot of teams in the past that get crushed by the Pats tend to spiral downwards. If the Cowboys can maintain an even keel, and try to learn from their whupping, they still have a chance to be good. If they let this affect them. Well, it could get even uglier in Dallas.

Yea, teams get shell shocked and it demoralizes them it seems anyway.

I think that Dallas will be ok in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes