PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Star Telegram article

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/columnists/charean_williams/story/254186.html

notable points.

1It is worth noting that the Cowboys and the New England Patriots have played the NFL's easiest schedules so far. Both teams have faced opponents who are 3-13. The Colts, by contrast, have played teams that are 6-8. The only team Indy has played that has a losing record is the New Orleans Saints, who are 0-3.

2The Cowboys have yet to play a good, healthy quarterback. Eli Manning left the season opener early, and St. Louis Rams quarterback Marc Bulger obviously shouldn't have been playing Sunday. Trent Green and Rex Grossman are just plain awful. The Cowboys catch another break this week, with J.P. Losman banged up. We will find out a lot about the Cowboys defense Oct. 14 when Tom Brady comes to town.

"The Cowboys catch another break this week, with J.P. Losman banged up."

Ummm . . . not that Trent Edwards = Tom Brady, but did they really catch a break here?

I would not be shocked if the Bills give the Cowboys their first loss.

i dont buy this easy schedule...if you really want to talk about schedule..you must look who was on your opponents sched. also..when we beat the bolts and jets...everyone thought they were very good...we demoralized them...i bet if the jets had won and bolts...they they would be diff teams now. also when colts beat saints they were considered very good. i mean..who would you rather play next week...the bolts or the browns?

i dont buy this easy schedule...if you really want to talk about schedule..you must look who was on your opponents sched.
Agreed it's silly. The Raiders have beaten Miami and Cleveland - so they are a tougher opponent on Cleveland's schedule than SD is on ours ? It's absurd. Oh well, we'll smoke Cleveland then show the NFC that they're pretenders.

When there are only a half-dozen teams, at most, that are any good, in a league with 32 teams, there are a lot of easy schedules.

i dont buy this easy schedule...if you really want to talk about schedule..you must look who was on your opponents sched. also..when we beat the bolts and jets...everyone thought they were very good...we demoralized them...i bet if the jets had won and bolts...they they would be diff teams now. also when colts beat saints they were considered very good. i mean..who would you rather play next week...the bolts or the browns?

:agree: It's been argued on this site that the Pats showed the rest of the NFL how to break down the Bolts' D, by spreading them out and attacking their weakest point (their DBs). Both the Packers and Chiefs did it effectively.

Thought I'm concerned about the easy schedule, I'd be more concerned if these games had closer final scores. Pats are always looking to improve, and no one's better at finding areas where it's needed. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes