PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Star(s) of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
imo has to be the offensive line. maybe because the bills didnt have schobel and didnt blitz much cassel had all day most of the time to throw the ball.
Will be a difficult challenge against a more aggressive jets D but it was a good sight today- fingers crossed.

Should I just go ahead and start the "BJGE is better than Maroney" thread?

I don't know about better. Different is probably the best word to use.

I do know that I am not cringing every time BJGE touches the ball. Whenever Maroney would get it, I would just start thinking "I hope he doesn't get hurt...I hope he actually runs hard..." repeatedly.

I don't know about better. Different is probably the best word to use.

I do know that I am not cringing every time BJGE touches the ball. Whenever Maroney would get it, I would just start thinking "I hope he doesn't get hurt...I hope he actually runs hard..." repeatedly.

BJGE simply realizes that a 3-4 yard run is also a +ve run instead of losing yards trying to hit a 50 yard run.

BJGE simply realizes that a 3-4 yard run is also a +ve run instead of losing yards trying to hit a 50 yard run.

I agree. I am not trying to get on Maroney. I like him and am still hoping his potential = talent. But I think today BJGE showed he deserves his place on this team and should be here for a while.

BJGE for sure. First 100 yard game of his career, I'd say I'm on the bandwagon but I've been on it for some time now.

Honorable mention to Welker and the entire defense. Best effort of the year for our D, would've been a 3 spot for the Jills without the ST getting victimized late in the game on that KR. Arguably could've been a shutout without Buffalo constantly getting great field position.

BJGE for sure. First 100 yard game of his career, I'd say I'm on the bandwagon but I've been on it for some time now.

Honorable mention to Welker and the entire defense. Best effort of the year for our D, would've been a 3 spot for the Jills without the ST getting victimized late in the game on that KR. Arguably could've been a shutout without Buffalo constantly getting great field position.

That last part is what impressed me so much today. The Pats had drives that started at their own 10, 20, 3, 17, 9, and 8. The Bills started inside their 20 only twice, on their 19 and 13 and on their 20 once. They dominated the field position game, and we still controlled the pace with ease.
It's also impressive to note that we had only two drives that were three plays or less, and those were both kneeldowns at the end of the halves. Discounting those, each drive had 7, 7, 7, 11, 13, 6, 5, and 19 plays. Very, very impressive...which makes me take the whole offense, McDaniels included, as the star of the game. It's very rare to see a team with such bad field position control the game so easily.

The O-Line played awsome and is deserving of it but I think it has to go to Lawfirm for his 1st 100 yard game. He was a lot of fun to watch today, Antoine like put his head down and went to work 2-3 at a time by the end of the game he had them a little worn and the runs went for more.

Benjarvis Green-Ellis :youtheman:

How about Wes Welker?

The D-Line was absolutely dominating today. This was Ty Warren's best game in a while.

O-line and the Law Firm. Did people say last week that RB and pass protection were weaknesses for the Patriots?

In so many words that's what BB said post game when praising Law Firm for his positive yardage run the play running style and lamenting that some backs try to get 80 yds every play and end up never geting the 80 and losing yardage. I wonder who was on his mind? :rolleyes:

Of course. What, you expect consistency from posters?

The game ball should go the BJGE, but the star(s) are the OL. The OL deserved the star of the game for the last couple of games.

O-line and the Law Firm. Did people say last week that RB and pass protection were weaknesses for the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes