PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Standing Room seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaj18

On the Roster
Reaction score
I am thinking about going to a patriots game soon with a bunch of friends and the only seats we can find are the standing room only. Can anyone give me some information on these seats. How is the view from these seats and where are they located? Is it just like a big section and there might be people standing in front of you? Any information would be helpful, thank you.

You stand there- there are no seats. You can stand on the bridge or pedestrian sections on the way to the upper levels on the end of the field. I think the best part of these "seats" is just being inside the stadium.

Yeah I realized that they weren't seats, I was just figuratively using that term. But I was really wondering if the view is decent or if there would be any obstructions.

The only obstructions are the people in front of you.

ok, Thanks for all your replies.

I have done it twice and it has its good points and bad points.
First you have to make sure you can stand the whole game... some people (back problems or whatever cant).
Second if you are going to do it, I would advise getting in a little early so you can stake out your "standing" spot. Both times I was able to get right up against the gate in the endzone. so 10 feet in front of me the people sitting are paying for very pricey endzone tickets.
3rd you have to be able to deal with a constant shuffle of people coming and going, which if you are trying to pay attention to the game completly can get pretty distracting.
if you and a group want to all get to a game, its probably the best way to do it now adays since it is very hard to get a group of tickets all together. they can all be bought individually and you can just stand together.

I used them a few times. They are a great way to see a game IMO.

I recommend using one of the concourse ramps by the championship banners and standing off to the side near the scoreboard. There is a red line you need to stand behind (they really enforce this) and it is about two or three feet behind the railing. However, if you are near the scoreboard, the line ends close to the railing and you can lean against the wall. It makes a huge difference. The higher up you go, the more you can see. I stood at the very top and it was like watching a game on the coach's camera. Great view!

I wonder if they would allow you to take a cane, claiming a bad knee or something. Then you have something to lean on and you can defend your standing spot better.

Have done standing room 2X, one time when weather was warm was ok. The second time it was drizzly and cold so a lot of the folks from the 200 section tried to stand where I was standing.. made it very crowded. You are always being moved by the ushers as well, they are ok but they have a job to do. Another issue is if you stand at the first level, there is a ton of continual movement and you constantly have to move around. They are ok, get a flavor for a patriots game, however I would have to think about it before I do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back