PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Standing Room Only at Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.

miDeuce

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Looking at getting some tix to the home opener, any one have any thoughts on Standing Room tickets - they are temptingly affordable... I see that they have different sections of SRO. I can't have my first time to the new stadium (after many games when I was young at the old one) be in a crappy obstructed view area. Any thoughts would be greatly apreciated.

You can stand whereever you want, except in the stairwells and right on the backs of the last rows of ppl. There are red lines painted behind the last rows in the 1st and 2nd tier to prevent ppl from breathing down the neck of those in the last rows (and spilling beer on them.)

I've always stood, (by choice) because my seats are way up top. I must admit though, that since they've started selling SRO, it's not as easy to get a good spot. My advice, get in there early, and don't drink a lot so you don't have to make too many bathroom breaks.

bruschifan1 said:
You can stand whereever you want, except in the stairwells and right on the backs of the last rows of ppl. There are red lines painted behind the last rows in the 1st and 2nd tier to prevent ppl from breathing down the neck of those in the last rows (and spilling beer on them.)

I've always stood, (by choice) because my seats are way up top. I must admit though, that since they've started selling SRO, it's not as easy to get a good spot. My advice, get in there early, and don't drink a lot so you don't have to make too many bathroom breaks.

Yah, that could be a strain on the ol prostate, er wait a minute, you don't have one. Sorry.

bruschifan1 said:

Thanks very much! I'll be so pumped I'll be in there way early!

My place of preference is the top level where the banners are hung near the scoreboard. You can lean against the wall there. The red line is about two feet behind the railing and the security is pretty tough about not leaning against the railing. I get SRO tickets quite often and either side of the score board in the banner end of the stadium is where I like to go. The lighthouse/bridge area is a bit far away and you cannot see the corner of the far endzone.

Standing behind the last row of people is fine as long as they do not stand up. However, that is tough to predict.

Have fun!

fyi.......

i had standing room only tickets for the saints game last year and I won't be doing it again.

I was standing behind the last row of people on the lower level and what sucked is you couldn't see anything when the crowd stood up.

I would suggest not getting standing room tickets

PatsWickedPissah said:
Yah, that could be a strain on the ol prostate, er wait a minute, you don't have one. Sorry.
Ehh, that's not what a prostate does.

SRO tix can be troublesome, if it is wet or snowy, a lot of folk who sit in exposed areas will really crowd you. It can be hard to see the game and there is a lot of movement in front of you. Did this a couple of times, and as much as I love going to Pats games, this is the least fav way. It can be a continual hassle and takes away from the overall game experience.

I am going to be returning from active duty in the Sandbox shortly and I want to celebrate by attending a game at the Razor. I had been considering SRO tix but given that I am vertically challenged, they may not be a good option. Does anyone know where actual game seats can be pruchased without having to sign over my first born?? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back