PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Standing on my soapbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread FAILS just like the Patriots 2011 draft because:

1. We did not package nearly all our words to move up and get a higher rated and overhyped word that is likely to bust. The Falcons on the other hand are a GREAT team who understands the fantastic principle of PUTTING ALL OUR EGGS in one basket, take notes BB!

2. We did not grab any words that are ENDORSED by Mel Kiper or Todd Mcshay or ESPN. It is obvious that OP doesn't have a clue what he's doing, much like BB doesn't have a clue about the draft. Is it any surprise that his drafts have been mediocre at best?

3. There are a lot of REACHES in OP's post, just like the way the Pats reached for players in the 2011 draft. Why do OP and the Patriots continue to REACH for players that are high on their draft boards instead of those that are high in publications that WE read like PFW and Lindsay's?

4. It is obvious that some posters on this thread are saving word ammunition for the future much like the Patriots did in the 2011 draft. This is IDIOTIC. Why aren't we CASHING in on ALL of our ammo when this is a weak thread and an even weaker draft to do so?

5. This thread fails to emulate those of the Jets and Bills message board forums who are full of CLASSY individuals. Some of them are even CLASSY enough to troll our forums in the interest of showing us how much GREATER their team's drafts were in comparison to ours. It is now obvious that the Jets and Bills had GREAT drafts while the Pats draft was the WORST in the NFL even though none of the draftees have played a single down in the NFL yet. We could all stand to learn from them, are you paying attention fellow posters and BB?

6. None of the words in this thread have the ability to RUSH THE PASSER. By definition that results in an F- GRADE. When will OP and BB learn that this team's ONLY and MOST PRESSING NEED is to rush the passer? OP and BB have outsmarted themselves in their ARROGANCE and REFUSAL to ADDRESS an OBVIOUS NEED.

7. Free agency is a fairy tail much like the tooth fairy. The ONLY WAY to IMPROVE a team is through the draft. This is particularly TRUE when it comes to the ALL-IMPORTANT position of PASS RUSHER.

Last edited:
I think this is a very good mock thread.

I'm not mocking the thread, it's just that I would have gone in a different direction had I done a mock thread.

I......love lamp. I love lamp.

There you have it

This day two post has is a high value.

With this post I'd like to select: lackadaisical.

There's a lot of measurables there. 13 letters, 6 of which are vowels. That's an unusually high vowel count for a selection so late in the process. It's also unusual to find a word that size in the third round.

Many posters out there don't believe that I'll be able to use that word this year. Sometimes it takes words a couple of years to develop into my regular vocabulary. Past tense is usually something that takes a year or two to learn.

Last edited:
This day two post has is a high value.

With this post I'd like to select: lackadaisical.

There's a lot of measurables there. 13 letters, 6 of which are vowels. That's an unusually high vowel count for a selection so late in the process. It's also unusual to find a word that size in the third round.

Many posters out there don't believe that I'll be able to use that word this year. Sometimes it takes words a couple of years to develop into my regular vocabulary. Past tense is usually something that takes a year or two to learn.

I have just one word for you describing your selection:

BUST

Mark it down (and not in pencil).
It will not amount to anything.

Google Scouting report reads "Lacks enthusiasm, no worth ethic, poor body language, character flaws."

Might have lots of vowels but sometimes it is better to find a high character word with lots of consonants.

Just my humble opinion

OK, I only thought there were a couple of OLB choices. But we both thought that there were lots of DE choices in the first couple of rounds who would be upgrades to our team.

I agree, but both were gone before the Pats selected.

When you are rebuilding a former Super Bowl club from top to bottom, you do it methodically. Rebuilding an Offense begins at the Offensive line and QB, especially Left Tackle on Offense. Fortunately, the Patriots have the best QB for half a decade. Nothing is more important than seeing he stays healthy. Hence a 12 year Pro bowl Left tackle is more important than drafting an OLB candidate this season.

Rome was not built in a Day.

BB is only in his third rebuilding draft, and he had almost completely got the foundation rebuilt on both Defense and Offense. There is only two players left on Defense from the last SB appearance. On Offense, there is only 6 players left from the last SB appearance and several Faulk, Light, Kaczur and Mankins are in danger of going this season, leaving Koppen and Brady.

The next draft, FAs, and trades, will fill in the last missing pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back