PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stand out player for tonights game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots4Ever

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Obviously I would say Maroney.Not a bad first outing for the kid.Besides that I would follow it up with Cassel,again proving why we aren't keeping a third qb.Lastly I would say patrick cobbs.Nice blocking and some damn good running.any takers?

Patriots4Ever said:
Obviously I would say Maroney.Not a bad first outing for the kid.Besides that I would follow it up with Cassel,again proving why we aren't keeping a third qb.Lastly I would say patrick cobbs.Nice blocking and some damn good running.any takers?

1. Maroney
2. the starting OL
3. Watson
4. Mills

Really, considering the lack of training camp time that Mills got I was the most impressed by his showing.

mincey and woods

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a tie. Maroney and Cobbs.

1-Maroney: Unusual running style but an intriguing player.

2-O-Line: Thought they did a fantastic job opening holes.

3-Dillon: Just a short glimpse but he looked like a different player.

4-Mills: Let's not rush to IR the kid just yet.

5-Cobbs: Patrick Pass is hearing footsteps. Made some nice plays and did a credible job blocking.

Besides the above mentioned....I thought Mincey played well

Last edited:
No baloney - it has to be Maroney.

Maroney
Dillon
Cassel
Mills

Cassel eventually got in his grove and executed some nice TD drives. Mills made some nice catches, sticky hands, good performance. Cobbs did nice. Dillon with some very nice runs, runs that will pick you up first downs ALL day in games. And that will be huge. Maroney is going to be one of the best running backs in the NFL...ok nvm too early to say that but I loved his runs, spun off a tackle broke a huge gain on third and 17 or something for a first down. F**K YEAH!

I like Maroney's excellent balance. A couple times he should have been knocked down but stayed up and ran.

Mills looked real good, too, for a guy that didn't paly much in camp.

Cassel looked good after getting over his jitters in the first half.

Maroney was a first rounder- we expect that performance from him. My vote's gotta be for patrick Cobb.

Cobb simply opened my eyes- that kid was electric out there!!

Nobody on the D really stood out in my mind. there was just too much bad tackling and missed assignments to count....

i was impressed to see that maroney not only ran the ball well but he also did a good job on pass protection. The kid looked like a warrior out there.

peppered johnson said:
i was impressed to see that maroney not only ran the ball well but he also did a good job on pass protection. The kid looked like a warrior out there.
I saw that too.I do think he lacks in Fundamentels.Which is expected because this isnt college ball anymore.But There was one particular play where The DE was coming right through the middle.And Maroney stuck with him well.Got low and really fought to keep him off Matt.

Definetly mills. Cobbs also showed me alot.

Change of pace here.

On the DL I thought Santonio Thomas was hustling on every play unlike Sullivan. He had a lot of just misses on the QB and did well as anyone against the run.

He did enough to get noticed in a good way.

PATSNUTme said:
Change of pace here.

On the DL I thought Santonio Thomas was hustling on every play unlike Sullivan. He had a lot of just misses on the QB and did well as anyone against the run.

He did enough to get noticed in a good way.
Thomas did look good, despite Felger's rantings the other day we should have good depth on the DL as LeKevin Smith flashed a bit too.

But the stand out player can be one and only one. Welcome to New England, Lawrence :rocker:

I posted this thought on the who's hot who's not also. Maybe not the player off the game but I think Willie Andrews will fill a need on this team. I liked how he looked on special teams and he seemed willing to hit WRs when he had the chance. Most of the time it was after an incomplete pass but it still I am pretty sure it was him I saw flying around

Robdude said:
I posted this thought on the who's hot who's not also. Maybe not the player off the game but I think Willie Andrews will fill a need on this team. I liked how he looked on special teams and he seemed willing to hit WRs when he had the chance. Most of the time it was after an incomplete pass but it still I am pretty sure it was him I saw flying around

I wonder if he ever got his jock back whe the Alt RB faked him out of it.

ah cmon stop picking on Sullivan..he had great first step..hes fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye