PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stallworth reinstated...you want him back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was terrible how little time he has to serve for his DUI manslaughter. Still thats neither here not there as regards hiim as a player.

I think he is worth a chance, he desperately needs one and I'm sure he is ready to work hard to prove himself again. I'd imagine he will be doing some drink driving ads too and hopefully because he is genuinely sorry for what he did.

I deffo think he is worth picking up and having at Training Camp. If he makes it through that, then the Patriots have a guy who can be a no.3/4. He might even improve on where he was at in his last season here, he could end up being traded off again for a nice pick in the draft.

I really don't care about pr, its not important to me, winning games is. And we need wideouts.

I think it would be a nightmare PR move.

PR is overrated.

Stallworth would still be a good weapon.

2-3 option wideout at best

if he still has that late speed burst then I am sold.

:):):)

edit - I like our team being infamous

Last edited:
If the man shows true regret, why not. I really don't care for what the media would think or PR issues ( we don't have any good pr in media anyway ).

If he comes at reasonable price, go get him

If the man shows true regret, why not. I really don't care for what the media would think or PR issues ( we don't have any good pr in media anyway ).

If he comes at reasonable price, go get him

Well, that's the thing. He'll probably come at a dirt cheap price.

If the price is right sign him and let him compete for roster spot, if not he know the play book and can be camp fodder.

PR is overrated.

Stallworth would still be a good weapon.

2-3 option wideout at best

if he still has that late speed burst then I am sold.

:):):)

edit - I like our team being infamous

He was a 4th option when he left two years ago, because he couldn't adapt to the timing based read and react offense we run. He hasn't played ball in a season. If we can't do better the results probably won't be any more satisfying than the season we just finished. Brady needs weapons he can build confidence in.

He was a 4th option when he left two years ago, because he couldn't adapt to the timing based read and react offense we run. He hasn't played ball in a season. If we can't do better the results probably won't be any more satisfying than the season we just finished. Brady needs weapons he can build confidence in.

but we were STACKED. Now Moss is older... Welker is injured. Need I go on?:eek:

Yes, he was the fourth option is the best offense of all time. What would he be now? The second?

I'd rather bring back PatJew...as long as he provides some egg rolls and a few geishas

Stallworth had almost 700 yards receiving and his mere threat on offense took the double teams off of Welker. That doesn't sound like someone who couldn't adapt. If anything, Sam Aiken's numbers are the numbers of a guy who couldn't adapt. Stallworth is a better 3-4 option than Aiken. I'm all for bringing Stallworth back. He's been in the system before and is a better option than a career special teamer.

I'd rather bring back PatJew...as long as he provides some egg rolls and a few geishas

I can only help with one of those. Take your pick.

I can only help with one of those. Take your pick.

PJ, any geishas in China? I heard it's pretty wild there. Who needs geishas when you can get a quickie for the price of two eggrolls?

PJ, any geishas in China? I heard it's pretty wild there. Who needs geishas when you can get a quickie for the price of two eggrolls?

Let me put it this way: you can get whatever you want... cheap.

I want...uh..I want...I WANT EVERYTHING I'VE EVER SEEN ON TV!!!!!

Stallworth had almost 700 yards receiving and his mere threat on offense took the double teams off of Welker. That doesn't sound like someone who couldn't adapt. If anything, Sam Aiken's numbers are the numbers of a guy who couldn't adapt. Stallworth is a better 3-4 option than Aiken. I'm all for bringing Stallworth back. He's been in the system before and is a better option than a career special teamer.

A large chunk of that yardage came in one game. After the bye he really struggled. He had 3 TD's in the early going, none in his last dozen or so games. His forte is YAC, but if you can't hit him in stride in the open because he isn't in the spot he was supposed to be when he was supposed to be that evaporates as it did here pdq.

One of Bill's favorite football sayings is if you aren't getting better you're getting worse. We could drag Reche out of retirement, too, but it isn't going to make this team better. They need to identify and develop young talent at the position and perhaps identify a couple of underutilized veteran talents who are driven football players. They have proven they can still do that in Edleman and Welker. They also need to identify a TE who is a football player...

One of Bill's favorite football sayings is if you aren't getting better you're getting worse. We could drag Reche out of retirement, too, but it isn't going to make this team better. They need to identify and develop young talent at the position and perhaps identify a couple of underutilized veteran talents who are driven football players. They have proven they can still do that in Edleman and Welker. They also need to identify a TE who is a football player...

I agree Stallworth isn't an ideal #3 on this team - though he is light years ahead of Aiken - but, if signed for cheap, he is a great #4 or #3B, a change of pace who has a specialty (YAC, and bubble screens), and provides some insurance behind Moss as the field stretcher.

He also keeps defenses honest.

The role of the #3 changed as the season went on - by the end of the season, it was largely reduced to Aiken running go-routes down the sideline, or clear-out routes underneath to get other guys open. Stallworth would be better at both of those.

If Stallworth and Branch are both cut, I'd sign them both, and then draft for long-term and worry about the roster spots later. They aren't going to all pan out, this season being the prime example in that Lewis and Galloway both failed.

Stallworth reinstated...you want him back?

Sure...just make sure you use the crosswalks if you're in the vicinity of Patriot Place. :rolleyes:

I agree Stallworth isn't an ideal #3 on this team - though he is light years ahead of Aiken - but, if signed for cheap, he is a great #4 or #3B, a change of pace who has a specialty (YAC, and bubble screens), and provides some insurance behind Moss as the field stretcher.

He also keeps defenses honest.

The role of the #3 changed as the season went on - by the end of the season, it was largely reduced to Aiken running go-routes down the sideline, or clear-out routes underneath to get other guys open. Stallworth would be better at both of those.

If Stallworth and Branch are both cut, I'd sign them both, and then draft for long-term and worry about the roster spots later. They aren't going to all pan out, this season being the prime example in that Lewis and Galloway both failed.

Didn't work in 2007. Even less likely to in 2010. Does he have a floor? Sure. Does he have a ceiling, positively - it's his floor. I'd rather have young talent or driven veteran talent whose ceiling we can't quantify fighting to make plays out of that roster spot.

Branch if healthy would be a no brainer because he would be the #2 or #3 here.
The problem with getting guys like that here this season is prove it deals may have nowhere to go facing a lockout in 2011. So more guys may be looking for the quick buck one year deal to tide them over. I'd imagine we will be competition with KC and Denver for a WR who knows the system and flourished in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back