PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stallworth reinstated...you want him back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevss454

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Goodell announced Donte Stallworth's reinstatement is official after the Super Bowl. I thought he was pretty effective and could be a great value moneywise.

What do you think?

I think it would be a nightmare PR move.

I'd have no problem with it.

There's a big difference between a criminal like Vick who willingly tortured defenseless dogs for years and a guy who had a 0.12 BAC and unfortunately hit someone who was jaywalking.

Last edited:
Yeah, for the right price. We still don't know what other teams would be interested

I don't think so. He made a mistake and owned up to it. Leonard Little is a two-time loser and I don't remember picketing in the streets when he was resigned.

I don't think so. He made a mistake and owned up to it. Leonard Little is a two-time loser and I don't remember picketing in the streets when he was resigned.

well....ok that is a good point.

Personally, I don\'t want anyone who killed another human being on the team.

Yet alone one who had 17 receptions in his last season in the NFL and hasn\'t played for a whole year now.

People forget he was sliding down the depth charts before he left here. Gaffney had already surpassed him as the #3 option. So he is now three years older, missed an entire year of football, doesn't play special teams, he is injury prone (missed a lot of time before he came to the Pats and missed time after he left due to hamstring problems) and would be a PR nightmare. I say the Pats will definitely pass on the guy.

Leonard Little was a Pro Bowler when he did it. Unfortunately, for our society, elite athletes are held to different standards. When they become average, they are held to the same standards as everyone else.

Besides, Little was in small market on the Western part of this country in St. Louis which doesn't get a lot of media coverage (even when they were a Super Bowl team) and doesn't get held up to the scrutiny that the East Coast teams do. Beside, there is a lot of the media that hates Belichick and the Pats and would love to attack them on the character of this team.

I'll take him back in a shot.

I don't care about PR.

It's not like anybody likes us anyway.

Leonard Little was a Pro Bowler when he did it. Unfortunately, for our society, elite athletes are held to different standards. When they become average, they are held to the same standards as everyone else.

I think it's the opposite. (eg: Tiger Woods)

While no one really pays attention to the average guys.

Doesn't matter for us anyway. People will hate us for signing him, people will hate us if we don't sign him.

I would like him back, but he was moved from WR3 to WR4 for a reason...not saying I know the reason, but I suppose at some point in the season BB thought either Gaffney was working harder than Stallworth or Stallworth wasn't running the proper routes/adjusting mentaly to the Patriots scheme. These things would have to be cleared up.

I'd take him back for sure. He's a good guy who did a terrible thing. If he's straight and in recovery, I see no reason not to take the PR hit.

I really don't think he is that good,I wouldn't even think about it.

His best days have passed.

no

ten characters

I'd take him back, but I would also pick someone else up in free agency or through the draft to compete as well. He's going to be dirt cheap. On top of that, 697 yards in 9 games started is pretty damn good for a guy who was essentially a #3 to a #4 option. Can someone remind me again what Sam Aiken's stats were this year? On top of that, Brady had nothing but glowing things to say about him and his ability as a wide receiver when he was here.

His highlight with the Pats was certainly against the Cowboys, seven receptions for 136 yards and a TD.

Fantastic YAC receiver.

Take him back in a minute. Matter of fact, I'll pick him up at Logan and drive him to Foxboro. He will work his tail off to pick up the pieces in his life and it starts with his football career, he will be extra motivated after what he has been through.

Bring in Donte.

There's our 3rd WR issue solved (cheaply and without costing us a draft pick), this would allow us to use all four of our day one picks on the "D" and OL.

Last edited:
Take him back in a minute. Matter of fact, I'll pick him up at Logan and drive him to Foxboro. He will work his tail off to pick up the pieces in his life and it starts with his football career, he will be extra motivated after what he has been through.

Bring in Donte.

I'm with ya......I'll give ya gas money.

Nothing like the work of an Extremely Motivated Man

Last edited:
Doesn't matter for us anyway. People will hate us for signing him, people will hate us if we don't sign him.

I would like him back, but he was moved from WR3 to WR4 for a reason...not saying I know the reason, but I suppose at some point in the season BB thought either Gaffney was working harder than Stallworth or Stallworth wasn't running the proper routes/adjusting mentaly to the Patriots scheme. These things would have to be cleared up.

Stallworth has had trouble learning every system he's been in. I think he's a nice wr, but I would be very surprised to see him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes