PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stallworth - few related notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebman2112

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this but during the week some Dallas fans said they weren't worried about Stallworth as "his knee or hammy would help defend him", and that Newman would shut him down.

Then today before the games ESPN's fantasy guru answered an email asking if he should start either Stallworth, Galloway, or Santana Moss. The guru said Galloway was going up against to tough of a defense and to sit him. He also said Stallworth is to inconsistant to start and that he'd likely have a tough time against Dallas' pass D. So, his advice was to start Santana Moss.

Let's just say that both Galloway and Stallworth put up big numbers (Stallworth's the best of the three). While Santana did nothing but help the Redskins drop what should have been a win in GB. This is why I never listen to what these supposed fantasy guru's say.

Man, Stallworth is really starting to look back to 100% and what some of us invisioned as his impact on offense is starting to show true. I hope he keeps it up because in this offense I believe he has a chance to do some special things.

Last edited:
Yeah he did look good and his running after the catch has been quite impressive all season long. I actually had the opportunity to watch today's game with people very close to him (can't give specifics) which made his performance that much more fun to watch.

Yeah he did look good and his running after the catch has been quite impressive all season long. I actually had the opportunity to watch today's game with people very close to him (can't give specifics) which made his performance that much more fun to watch.

That's very cool, but I live in L.A. so I'm a little annoyed you didn't include me! Sounds like a good time.

Would really like Donte to stay healthy - and I'm so pleased for him to have had such a breakout game (to continue last week's uptick), especially since he's been such a good soldier even during the part of the season when his looks were few and far between.

Last edited:
Just goes to show what fans and fantasy geeks say has nothing to do with what'll happen in a game. And I include myself in that. So what other teams trolls come here and post really shouldn't upset people. It has no effect on the game.

Stallworth is nasty, but he'd better make sure he waits till he's past the goal line before he celebrates his next touchdown.

Stallworth is nasty, but he'd better make sure he waits till he's past the goal line before he celebrates his next touchdown.

He was pointing at his brother in the crowd. That's also the same person he tossed the football to after scoring.

Yeah he did look good and his running after the catch has been quite impressive all season long.
Agreed. I knew he was fast, and seen him play here and there, but I never realized how shifty he was in traffic until now. And he's been using his blockers really well on those screens. Color me impressed.

He was pointing at his brother in the crowd. That's also the same person he tossed the football to after scoring.

That's good - I thought he might be taunting someone... not cool.

But I'm with Realworld... BB's going to make him watch that tape 20 times so he can see how close he was to having someone with more speed than him sneak up behind and strip him.

Plenty of time for showboating once you're in the endzone.

My pre-season prediction was that Stallworth would be more valuable than Moss or Welker - because Stallworth excels in all aspects of the receiving game - short, slant - not just a deep threat.

Of course I since learned that Moss gives nothing up in other areas of the game either - and Welker's value can't be underestimated.

My pre-season prediction was that Stallworth would be more valuable than Moss or Welker - because Stallworth excels in all aspects of the receiving game - short, slant - not just a deep threat.

Of course I since learned that Moss gives nothing up in other areas of the game either - and Welker's value can't be underestimated.

No need to rank the trifecta! Just --- and here my betting knowledge fails me --- box a quinella?

I'm really big into fantasy sports, and I think you are talking about Mathew Berry right? Well I'm a fan of him, and I read his blogs all the time. A fantasy pro is going to give what he knows. What he knows is that Stallworth has had nothing but one good game going into this week, and has been inconsistent. I think his analysis was good but there is also a time when you have to go with your gut. I do that all the time. There are times when Matt has a player of mine to be benched, but I'll go ahead and start him. There has been times when I was right, and there has been times when I have been wrong. If I had to decide on those 3 recievers you mentioned I would of sat out Donte too. That's the risk on playing fantasy sports. Matt has been really good this year, but remember he's not going to be right 100% of the time. Besides Donte, Matt was right on about many other players this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down