PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stallworth: Brady paid practice players that picked him off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that legal?

Is that legal?

I'm sure it isn't illegal but it's probably the next scandal. Payingpracticesquadplayersthatintercepttheballinpracticegate, 2015.

Is it possible that the Tannehill Dolphins can reach the same low level of pathetic derision as the Wrecks Ryan era Jets? I never thought those teams would be rivaled, but, who knows? It might just happen.

Is that legal?
Probably not...after all, it meant that Brady was more than generally aware that he had been intercepted...sound shady to me...

Wells just switched on the "Pats Signal"
................"Investigators.......assemble ....assemble!!!. To Foxborough....grab the cell phones first. Don't ask permission this time. Do we have eyes on Yaz and Beevis? Seel off Earnie's lair. Get into that lighthouse before they jam our mobile feed."
upload_2015-10-6_16-1-36.jpeg

Wells just switched on the "Pats Signal"
................"Investigators.......assemble ....assemble!!!. To Foxborough....grab the cell phones first. Don't ask permission this time. Do we have eyes on Yaz and Beevis? Seel off Earnie's lair. Get into that lighthouse before they jam our mobile feed."
View attachment 10765

OT, but "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm" (where that pic is from) is the best animated movie of all time. That movie seriously rivals the Christian Bale "Dark Knight" movies.

Ryan Tannehill was so upset with the scout team defense playing too hard and intercepting him, that Coach Philbin told them to take it easy on him so as not to hurt the his confidence. Tannehill later told practice squad players to "enjoy your practice squad paychecks" at a dry practice run for Sunday's game in London, according to a SunSentinel.com report.

Whereas Brady apparently paid scout team defensive backs and rewarded them for intercepting his passes, according to tweets by Donte Stallworth.

Meanwhile, last night, Kam Chancellor made a clutch play as he chased down Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson, forcing a fumble at the 1-yard line. Seahawks linebacker K.J. Wright followed the play by punching the ball out of the back of the endzone. The problem with that, of course, is that Wright’s play was illegal and the referees on the field incorrectly ruled the play a touchback when the Lions actually should have gotten the ball back inside the 1.

Rosevelt Colvin tweeted shortly after the play that Belichick actually had the Patriots practice similar situations, and would never put themselves in the position to be batting balls through the endzone

The Miami Dolphins tell their practice squad player to not practice hard in fear of hurting the ego of their below average QB who insults those PS players. Meanwhile, Brady pays the PS players to intercept him because he wants the competition.

A player on the Seahawks bats a ball out of bounds because he doesn't know the rules. Not only does he not know the rules, but neither do all the talking heads on TV nor does the Seahawks head coach. Meanwhile, not only does Belichick quiz his players on the rule, but he even practices that scenario.

Another article on SI.com came out today about how Brady is grossly underpaid. Even the writer admits he thought the contract was disingenuous when it was signed because there was no way Brady would play out that contract. Yet, here we are a couple of years later and Brady is playing out that contract making way below his market rate.

Yet, still the rest of the league are convinced the Patriots must be cheating because they win too much and there is no reasonable explanation (in their minds) as to why.

This would all be hilarious if the sore losers weren't docking us draft picks due to their ignorance and stupidity while trying to suspend our QB. Even still, it's kind of funny.

This is just astonishing to me that Detroit's Head Coach, or any of their coaches, didn't know the rule. How could they even let the play end without even putting up a fight.

The Miami Dolphins tell their practice squad player to not practice hard in fear of hurting the ego of their below average QB who insults those PS players. Meanwhile, Brady pays the PS players to intercept him because he wants the competition.

A player on the Seahawks bats a ball out of bounds because he doesn't know the rules. Not only does he not know the rules, but neither do all the talking heads on TV nor does the Seahawks head coach. Meanwhile, not only does Belichick quiz his players on the rule, but he even practices that scenario.

Another article on SI.com came out today about how Brady is grossly underpaid. Even the writer admits he thought the contract was disingenuous when it was signed because there was no way Brady would play out that contract. Yet, here we are a couple of years later and Brady is playing out that contract making way below his market rate.

Yet, still the rest of the league are convinced the Patriots must be cheating because they win too much and there is no reasonable explanation (in their minds) as to why.

This would all be hilarious if the sore losers weren't docking us draft picks due to their ignorance and stupidity while trying to suspend our QB. Even still, it's kind of funny.

Great post. The footage of Butler being coached up about the exact play that won the SB is the cherry on top. Somehow all the cheating allegations never seem to recognize that, if the greatest play in SB history was entirely due to scouting and coaching, maybe the others are too.

Last edited:
PaidOffGate.

BTW, did anyone page down to the Comments Section of that OP linked article???

Every now and then you can find comedy gold:

Hamza Rana
My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do,
go to tech tab for work detail,

Like · Reply · 57 mins

Shawn Pagee ·
College of San Mateo
Maybe you'd make more if you intercept a Tom Brady practice pass.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
8 · 40 mins

Matt Cullens ·
Staff Engineer/ Geotechnical Project Manager at NOVA Engineering & Environmental, LLC
Shawn Pagee BEST COMMENT EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye