PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stafford and Moreno declare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowshon is an absolute stud RB, he has breakaway speed, and is very tough. He has great hands too.

Stafford will be a good NFL QB.

Knowshon is an absolute stud RB, he has breakaway speed, and is very tough. He has great hands too.

Stafford will be a good NFL QB.

I agree about Knowshon. I would rank the RBs right now as:

1. Moreno
2. Green
3. Wells
4. J. Davis
5. Brown

If McCoy came out, I'd have him at #1.

I'm not sure about Stafford. He just doesn't seem to have "it".

Last edited:
Knowshon Moreno has to be the RB I would most want on the Patriots this time around. Last year I wanted Chris Johnson or Stewart Bradley. With Johnson you could instantly notice his outstanding footwork, and vision. These are also areas of strength for Moreno, as well as his hands (receiving ability), and toughness.

Knowshon Moreno has to be the RB I would most want on the Patriots this time around. Last year I wanted Chris Johnson or Stewart Bradley. With Johnson you could instantly notice his outstanding footwork, and vision. These are also areas of strength for Moreno, as well as his hands (receiving ability), and toughness.

Oh man, my Stewart Bradley obsession is clearly getting out of control. It's as if I see his name everywhere....

Oh man, my Stewart Bradley obsession is clearly getting out of control. It's as if I see his name everywhere....

If it helps, patchick, he's currently scheduled to be an RFA in 2010, and the Iggles are notorious for being cheap. . . . :)

If it helps, patchick, he's currently scheduled to be an RFA in 2010, and the Iggles are notorious for being cheap. . . . :)

And now that I know he can play RB too...:)

i still cant believe they left! my bulldogs are gonna struggle next year now. all we have is caleb king and joe cox, both with little experience.

I don't think Moreno has enough sand in his pants but he is pretty good in the open field and runs hard. If I had to put a label on him I'd say he's a skilled finesse back but I'd like to see the Pats get a young power back that's tough to bring down like Marshawn Lynch. Moreno is more like Curtis Martin but that isn't a bad thing, it depends on what you want. If he is the next Curtis Martin you have to take him if you get a chance. IMO though, they have other needs.

I'd rank the RBs as:

1) McCoy
2) Moreno

If Maroney's shoulder is a concern for BB, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats tried to find a new feature back. If the Pats had an additional first rounder, drafting a round one RB as insurance for Maroney now would be a value pick. Some here think Maroney lacks vision, etc. and some think he's an injury risk -- or both. I'm content with Morris, Maroney, and Faulk as our current corps, but only if they're all healthy. And of course, the Pats always have options on day two. But if a top ranked RB happens to be sitting there when we pick, and BB would like insurance (or a replacement) at the position, would he pull the trigger -- especially with two firsts?

Man, I don't know how I did that. I meant Jonathan Stewart, obviously. The funny thing is that Stewart Bradley was on my mind yesterday, as I was talking about the Patriots wanting to select him just a few spots behind where the Eagles landed him. We might have all wanted him, but if he had become a member of the team, then Mayo might not have been the selection in '08.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back