PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stadium Parking ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseKnuckles

On the Roster
Reaction score
I've been caught in hours of traffic last season trying to get out of the stadium lots. After some of the night games you want to just get on the road. I wanted to see if there was any insight out there on the best stadium lots for a quick exit. Location , time to arrive etc .. ??

Sometimes bribery works, especially if you have a pretty woman w/you. I went to the Pats Steelers opener in '02, and just when we entered the lot we told the attendant we'd give him twenty bucks if he let us park in the open space right there. At first he was hesitant then he figured what the heck and let us park in one of the first spots near the entrance/exit. The funny part was the twenty we gave him was less then the cost of parking, but I guess he just pocketed it anyways. As an ex-valet parker I can tell you
that bribery goes a long way!

Last edited:
Simple answer:

Run.

A nice 1/2 mile jog to the parking lot can make the difference.

Park in Norwood and take the train in for 10 bucks round trip. Cheaper and you'll get out just as fast.

primetime said:
Park in Norwood and take the train in for 10 bucks round trip. Cheaper and you'll get out just as fast.
yeah, good luck with your cooler and grill

Trying to get out of the stadium lot plus trying to cross rt. 1 = a very long delay getting out. I normally park in a parking lot on rt. 1 on the side of the street OPPOSITE the stadium about 3/4 mi. away from the stadium. Takes me 15 minutes to walk to my car and 5 or 10 minutes max. to get out of the lot. I'm normally home within an hour after the game ends.

We gave up on trying to find a quick get away as we always stay until the last play. Now we just bring tailgate after the game. It's becoming a popular thing to do now a days as we have lots of company doing the same.

It's a better ending to a fun day than sitting in traffic IMO

MooseKnuckles said:
I've been caught in hours of traffic last season trying to get out of the stadium lots. After some of the night games you want to just get on the road. I wanted to see if there was any insight out there on the best stadium lots for a quick exit. Location , time to arrive etc .. ??
Moose, best bet for easy egress is to (A) Park on the north side of Rt. 1 OR at least close to the exits in the lots on the south side and (B) as soon as that clock shows 00:00 jog/walk fast back to your vehicle (start it, get in line and go-you can always pee later).

I get up for work at 4:00 am (even after night games!) so I don't like screwing around when it comes to getting home in as short amount of time as possible. We'll usually have at least a few cars in our tailgate so if anyone wants to continue tailgating afterwards they can catch a ride with someone leaving later. A lot of times (especially for night games) I'll leave my seat with a couple minutes to go and watch the rest of the game from the area at the top of the stairs.

I've done this for the past 5 or 6 years and, weather permitting, we can be out of the lot and onto 495 within a 1/2 hour or so. Now granted, if it's a good game and most people hang on until the end it may take 45 minutes+.

If you want to get out quick and are going to drive north after the game I suggest the Subway/Liquor store (private) lot on the other side of route 1 just before the railroad tracks cross under route 1. After the game you are driving on the left side of the road dividers while the traffic in the lanes on the right side of the divider are sitting in traffic you are moving and can get to 95 fairly quickly. I park here if I need to get home after the game quickly and walk to the p-10 rv lot where I meet my squad . If I am hanging out after the game I will park in the p-10 car section.

Last edited:
The farther away from the stadium the better. I can walk to my car faster than the cars piled up on rte. 1 are driving.

I park in a house lot on a side street across from the liquor store/Subway. When all of the suckers are waiting on rte. 1 I take a right and join the traffic exiting the VIP lot. It takes about 10 minutes to get to 95. Foxboro Terminals aint a bad place to park either.

PatsWorldChamps said:
yeah, good luck with your cooler and grill

Oh, I'm sorry, you must've read a different post than I did. One that mentioned tailgating. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back