PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stacked board from Pro Football Weekly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap. They have Groves rated a late 2nd round pick and Cason a mid 3rd round pick?? If the draft really falls that way the Pats would get their BPA at #7, Groves in round 2, and Cason in round 3.... WOW. I just can't believe that's gonna happen!

Here's one for you: they have Jonathan Goff as late 6th. Well.

The problem here is that this is a snapshot of league consensus (more or less as I doubt Ireland or Pioli, for example, are talking to the press much about their player rankings). The league, especially the talkers, by and large doesn't draft well. A few, 10 at the very most, do draft well on a regular basis.

Also, we know that the Pats draft board is always very different that the typical team's board, so this poll, doesn't really tell us much. Where would Logan Mankins have been on this list in 2005?

The problem here is that this is a snapshot of league consensus (more or less as I doubt Ireland or Pioli, for example, are talking to the press much about their player rankings). The league, especially the talkers, by and large doesn't draft well. A few, 10 at the very most, do draft well on a regular basis.

Also, we know that the Pats draft board is always very different that the typical team's board, so this poll, doesn't really tell us much. Where would Logan Mankins have been on this list in 2005?

Actually, Mankins was a solid 2nd-round prospect in most rankings.

There's no question that the Pats' board will look very different, and in general that 3-4 prospects are often undervalued in these rankings. Still though, I haven't seen any other ranking that puts the likes of Jameel McClain above Goff at ILB. Mighty interesting.

Just looking @ the first two rounds-
Eddie Royal
Oniel Cousins
Jeremy Thompson
Jason Jones
Thomas DeCloud
Have made some huge jumps.

Before the inevitable "Pro Football Weekly sucks since Buchsbaum died" comment is made, keep these 3 year rankings in mind :

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/FREE_CONTENT/top100mock.shtml

FWIW the "huddlereport"'s self-ranking is a sham. They wait until midnight before the draft, after Gosselin, PFW and Scot Wright release rankings, and then put out their own lists ripping the more reputable sites off. It's a pretty clever but totally disingenuous method of inflating your own score.

Last edited:
FWIW the "huddlereport"'s self-ranking is a sham. They wait until midnight before the draft, after Gosselin, PFW and Scot Wright release rankings, and then put out their own lists ripping the more reputable sites off. It's a pretty clever but totally disingenuous method of inflating your own score.
I subscribed to it a while ago but was surprised how little they had leading up to the draft so I don't any more. I'm still a PFW man myself for the draft.

According to last year's chart, only Meriweather was a good pick for us.

They will come out with a revised one closer to the draft. If I catch it or someone else does, lets post it here and compare.

I wish we could post The Sporting News board. Even if you don't agree with it, I love their format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots