PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ST appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
After seeing some truly awful kicking and blocking today (a shanked punt that didn't cross the 50, Phil Dawson's even worse shank of a <30-yard gimme, 90+-yard returns for TDs), anyone else think that the Pats' special teams are significantly better (at least relative to the rest of the league) than they were last year? :)

[And, looking ahead: today notwithstanding, Gostkowski should give the Pats a 5+ yard advantage on kickoffs over the Vinatraitor.]

On "Patriots All Access" they gave an alarming stat that despite the fact that Gostkowski is leading the league in the length of his kickoffs the team is 28 in yards allowed per kickoff return. It didn't seem that bad to me but I hope it improves.

zippo59 said:
On "Patriots All Access" they gave an alarming stat that despite the fact that Gostkowski is leading the league in the length of his kickoffs the team is 28 in yards allowed per kickoff return. It didn't seem that bad to me but I hope it improves.

To be fair, though, even if they're 28th in yards allowed, they're still around 4th in terms of average starting position given up (since Gostkowski kicks 'em 5-6 yards longer than average).

STs are doing alright.

Penalties are way down from '04. They deserve kudos for that if nothing else.

THe whole game I was gawking at Vinitraitor's kickoffs... then I remembered they were at Mile High

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes