PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spring Training Discussion

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Have another donut ....
We have a very good team for 2016 ... a young athletic team ... this guy needs to go.

sandoval-giardi_0.jpg

Pablo Sandoval: 'I didn't try to lose weight'

Both that guy & his amigo Hanley need to go, the microsecond that Ortiz has officially retired.

I forsee another train wreck of a season, with absolutely no hope whatsoever for redemption.

i also see lots of suckatood coming this year. they didn't add enough starting pitching. and to many bums like Bucholtz Sandoval and Ramirez on the team.

I thought guess the weight ... sex ... and date of Pablo's baby would be a good idea.

390-pablo-0221.jpg

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. Look at that thing. That's congestive heart failure waiting to happen when he retires from baseball.

Pa'Blow Sandoval ..........

Both that guy & his amigo Hanley need to go, the microsecond that Ortiz has officially retired.

I forsee another train wreck of a season, with absolutely no hope whatsoever for redemption.
Fully guarantees contracts don't disappear because you regret them.

I know that.

If I were Dombrowski, I would still want them out of my locker room, and would've mentioned that possibility to ownership before I accepted their offer of the GM position.

Pandering in MLB is one reason the NFL is a much better sport.

I wish it were true that Pablow's job is in danger...I am just not convinced.

Belichick would have had the hefer run laps everyday before he cluld even practice with the team.

Yep. And if his amigo Ortiz were a real leader instead of the fake one that he is, then he would've taken Panda aside at the start of Spring Training LAST YEAR and told him to take pride in his craft, stop insulting the people who pay his salary,
and GET THE FECK IN SHAPE.

I know that.

If I were Dombrowski, I would still want them out of my locker room, and would've mentioned that possibility to ownership before I accepted their offer of the GM position.
Who? Panda and Hanley? DD would have been laughed out of there, I get that the deals look bad but the ownership isn't going to flush $200 million down the drain after one year

I knew this thread would be contingent on a slew of Cherrington bloopers/signings. Last year, I was hoping he would go away; be kept from doing more of the same...at least, with BOS. Of course, here comes the hang-over! I'm not sure which contract I dislike the most. Porcello, Castillo or Sandoval? Notice, I left Ramirez out? In my opinion, they might be able to use his bat...if he's hitting when they do. Sure, I'd prefer a legitimate 1st baseman, but let's be fair- they acquired him for his bat without really having a place for him. So, from that standpoint, the got what they acquired. And when Ortiz is done, he might make a decent DH.

However, the other 3 don't seem to be able to make a big league contribution right now. What a curiosity. If they sent Castillo to Pawtucket; benched Sandoval and didn't pitch Porcello who would notice? Probably everyone! Because then the team would be improved! Right now, these innings-for-dollars guys are killing the lineup.

My current disappointment with this team is that they appear to be picking up where they left off last year (in spring training). If they don't get off to a decent start, things could get ugly. We'll see...

I'm surprised that Farrell has shown the guts to announce that Travis Shaw will be the starting 3rd Baseman on Opening Day.

Now do your job Double D and trade the Fat Panda to San Diego for James Shields.

The Fat Panda more closely resembles a double-wide trailer full of empty twinkies wrappers.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back