PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spotlight on the Draft: Mike Hass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good read. Size-wise and work ethic are Givens-esque. Comparing him to Proehl (who kept the Rams in the game in SB36) should perk up a few ears around here.

jczxohn1 said:
Good read. Size-wise and work ethic are Givens-esque. Comparing him to Proehl (who kept the Rams in the game in SB36) should perk up a few ears around here.

Yes thats true I like to compare him to Wayne Chrebet as far as being open is concerned that guy used to get under my skin when we played against him.

I like him too. As he is relatively slow he should easily be around for our second #3 pick, or even into the 4th round, despite the lack of good WR this year.

The problem I see is that Hass creates little separation, except vertically. The Pats tend to prefer quick twitch type guys that create separation vertically as well as via east/west quick routes. I think if you tried to do that with Hass, a lot of NFL saftties will jump those routes on him. Which means double moves (out and up type routes) will be required and I'm not sure Brady has the time to wait on those type routes.
However BB surprises me every year so it's not inconceivable we draft him. Just seems highly improbable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes