Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Sports Reporters" perpetuates the myth...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsox23, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

that the Patriots defense is "old." Good CHRIST. I'm not complaining that we don't get enough praise - the Pats get more than their fair share. And I'm not pretending the Pats LB corps is young. That is an area of huge and genuine concern. But "the defense" is NOT OLD. We have an elite DL, all of whom are 28 or younger. Our secondary, outside of Rodney, is very young, as well.

If people want to talk about the LBs, fine. Go ahead. YOU'RE CORRECT. But for the love of all that is Holy, please practice - what's it called? Oh yeah - JOURNALISM. It's just not that hard to investigate this stuff.
  2. Brarrell

Brarrell Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lets add to the fact that maybe their best defense player hasn't played yet.
    Oh ya the other myth you can run on them well check it out they are #2 against the run. Last week they were playing essentially a 1-5-5 in many situations.
  3. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I heard that and whichever reporter said it (Albom?) did kind of restrict it to the linebacking corps. They were also reaching to find a flaw on the Patriots team in a segment that started by the moderator John Saunders saying the Patriots might just be better than ever. One of the others said he/she thought the Colts defense was very suspect against the run and they are playing the wrong team Monday night. We'll see.
  4. National Sports Advisors

National Sports Advisors Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Exactly. This "myth" is just sickening. Every f'n team has a few old guys playing yet we are the only "old" defense in the league. Ray Lewis(32), Trevor Pryce(32), Kelly Gregg(31), Samarri Rolle(31), and Chris McCallister(30) all start for the Ravens and I never hear their defense being called "old".
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  5. National Sports Advisors

National Sports Advisors Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Pittsburgh is another defense I never hear being called "old", yet they start Casey Hampton(30), Aaron Smith(31), James Farrior(32), Clark Haggans(30), and Deshea Townsend(32).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.