PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sports Hub say's Woodhead to Try Practicing Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSolderKing

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Woodhead is going to give it a try today. Thoughts?

Just heard it... take if for what it is worth

We don't need him, but if the trainers tell him he can't make the injury worse by playing, he'll play. With several talented RBs behind him on the depth chart, he needs to suit up to keep his job. It's the brutal reality of a professional football player.

I guess Danny wants to play Sunday in a bad way.

I'm all for it. It would give me a warm feeling inside if he even abuses the Jets a little.

I almost prefer that he doesn't play so we can see more of Ridley. I like Woodhead catching passes out of the backfield but I'm not crazy about his blocking or running recently. And I love the guy.

I want to see the Vereen Machine, we spent a freakin' second round pick on him.

Fixed your thread title for ya.

Titles that say "Sports Hub Says Danny" don't help the clarity of our website and just annoy our readers. It would be much appreciated if you make the titles clearer.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I think the biggest news in this thread is that either radio station even in passing actually talked Patriots this week. Between Red Sox and Bruins talk all week, you would think the Pats were playing the Seahawks this week rather than the Jets. I can't remember the last Jets week where the radio stations totally ignored the Patriots. Probably around 2003.

We don't need him, but if the trainers tell him he can't make the injury worse by playing, he'll play. With several talented RBs behind him on the depth chart, he needs to suit up to keep his job. It's the brutal reality of a professional football player.

This is a little harsh buddy.

Woodhead is the shiftiest back that we have and is better than them all on crucial 3rd down situations. He gives us the best screen game and check downs on the team. I agree that we have talent to cover up for his loss but saying we don't need him is just plain crazy.

I also understand wanting to see Vareen and Ridley more as well.

I want to see the Vereen Machine, we spent a freakin' second round pick on him.

4 games into the season beginning to smell another wasted pick by BB :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think the biggest news in this thread is that either radio station even in passing actually talked Patriots this week. Between Red Sox and Bruins talk all week, you would think the Pats were playing the Seahawks this week rather than the Jets. I can't remember the last Jets week where the radio stations totally ignored the Patriots. Probably around 2003.

Been listening to my IPOD in memory of Steve Jobs as this week has been all Red Sox all the time.. some Bruins mixed in.

It has been a f..king painful week on sports talk radio..

4 games into the season beginning to smell another wasted pick by BB :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You should get a load of the folks already trashing the "worst D in the NFL". ;)

I think the biggest news in this thread is that some fans here are so fickle they'd rather see a rookie debut against the JETS than a kid who has consistently performed here including against them like a heart and soul impact player. But then again I shouldn't be surprised given all the threads dedicated to whether his predecessor - who took a lot more time here to round into form - should even make the team over the last several seasons...

Given a choice, I'll take a healthy Woodhead over a Vereen debut this week, thank you. Ridley has nothing to do with that equation, either, since he and Benny are competing for the featured back or backfield duo slot(s).

I think the biggest news in this thread is that some fans here are so fickle they'd rather see a rookie debut against the JETS than a kid who has consistently performed here including against them like a heart and soul impact player. But then again I shouldn't be surprised given all the threads dedicated to whether his predecessor - who took a lot more time here to round into form - should even make the team over the last several seasons...

Given a choice, I'll take a healthy Woodhead over a Vereen debut this week, thank you. Ridley has nothing to do with that equation, either, since he and Benny are competing for the featured back or backfield duo slot(s).

You don't think we'll see more of Ridley if Woodhead can't go?

Let Woody rest and heal. BJGE/Ridley looked really good last week and I want to see what Vereen can do.

It's the "next big thing" ..I'm with you btw .. People are just foaming at the mouth for Vereen .. Atleast Ridley has shown a little sum sum

Yes, how dare FANS get excited about seeing a 2nd round pick play.

hmm we need a little more .....negative talk....... that we stink...we are overrated........I like pulling the underdog card sometimes .....:p

Yeah, at some point Woody might be fighting for his job.

First he has to deal with racism -- he's a white guy playing a non-white position. Second, he was undrafted, so he has that stigma. Finally, he's at an extremely competitive position, where injuries often affect the depth chart permanently.

I'm still rooting for the guy. A rotation of Woody, Benny and Ridley could be one of the best in the league.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing